Bournemouth Natural Science Museum

Brittle Star

Hi, Here i am in sunny, mostly, Bournemouth UK.

I hate to say it but I am doing the tourist thing this week. Please somebody save me and take me Barton. :unsure:.

Just round the Corner from the hotel there is a small museum packed with fossils and some minerals on the lower floor. Here is the url http://bnss.org.uk.

Wonderful volunteer showed me the collections and besides what is in the cabinets there are drawers filled to the brim. As it is a charity and only open to the public on Tuesday's, more often over the holidays, donations are very welcome.

I have photos to share but need to get home first to download. Loads of Barton stuff. 

They have other galleries such as Archaeology, Egyptology, real mummy in a sarcophagus. Stuffed animals etc.

Watch this space.

Never ask a starfish for directions

Looks like a nice museum :) Looking forward to seeing pictures!

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Nice, the Barton beds are well worth a few days of anyone's time. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Back again, had a right game trying to get photos onto my tablet from my offline lap top. Really must find an easier way to get them downloaded direct to my tablet which is the only on line thing I have now. Can you get micro usb cables which talk to card readers? :headscratch:

1, photo of outside of museum

The rest are just some of the fossils on display.

May have to put them on more than one post

Museum 2.jpg

Ammonites.jpg

Fish.jpg

Footprints.jpg

Mammoth tooth.jpg

Turtle shell.jpg

Trilobite.jpg

Cab 3.jpg

Never ask a starfish for directions

Archived