Spinosaurus tooth - real, not composite?

Chelasmosaurus

Hi, I came across this fossil Spinosaurus tooth - at least it looks like a real Spinosaurus from what I can tell, but I'm not an expert ... hence my visit here :) I'm also wondering if it's a single tooth or multiple specimens glued together.  I'm worried about the differences in color between the top half and bottom half, but the shape seems to line up pretty nicely, so I'm just not sure.  So, is this a real Spinosaurus tooth?  And is it a single fossil or a composite?  Your help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks

tooth1.jpg

tooth2.jpg

tooth3.jpg

tooth4.jpg

I think you're safe from the dark brown fluted crown up. Below that looks constructed from chunks and sand.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Welcome to the forum you come to the right place

I would avoid this tooth.  The crown look real like caldigger said but it's been badly repaired and patched from an initial breakage.  The root is a mess and difficult to say what has been done to it.  There are a lot nicer teeth out there so do yourself a favor and pass on it.

• I found this Informative 2

On ‎30‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 1:28 AM, Troodon said:

Welcome to the forum you come to the right place

I would avoid this tooth.  The crown look real like caldigger said but it's been badly repaired and patched from an initial breakage.  The root is a mess and difficult to say what has been done to it.  There are a lot nicer teeth out there so do yourself a favor and pass on it.

Yes, looks very odd - i agree to Troodon's analysis..