Hello everyone, had a super quick trip to the cretaceous creeks of new jersey and found this particularly interesting large bone fragment, likely it is a chunk of miscellaneous bone material but it reminds me alot of a scute like ankylosaurus or some sort of other bone scute especially the edge, or from maybe something like a large turtle but I am entirely not sure if it's dinosaur, marine reptile, etc or if there is anyway to tell, looks super suspicious to me anyways so if anyone has any ideas I'd definitely love to hear them. (If more pictures are needed I will definitely be able to get some more angles if necessary)

IMG_20180829_213043337.jpg

IMG_20180829_213210081.jpg

IMG_20180829_213215215.jpg

IMG_20180829_213048007.jpg

IMG_20180829_213054479.jpg

IMG_20180829_213058902.jpg

IMG_20180829_213741459.jpg

Can't really help with your "Chunkosaur", but I really wish you would try to utilize the tags feature of these posts.:rofl:

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

A fossil bone from the cretaceous of New Jersey, sure. I won't be able to tell you if it is from a dinosaur or a marine reptile, but it's a nice find, congratulations.:dinosmile:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

21 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

A fossil bone from the cretaceous of New Jersey, sure. I won't be able to tell you if it is from a dinosaur or a marine reptile, but it's a nice find, congratulations.:dinosmile:

Thank you! Yeah I figured as much, any big bones from there are promisingly from some sort of beast which is still pretty cool. :ighappy:

It is very likely a Cretaceous marine reptile bone; its structure isn't like that of Dino bone. It's not turtle, but better pics will be needed to ID it, if that's possible.

• I found this Informative 2

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Consider taking it the New Jersey State Museum. My understanding is that they are very good at IDing bones.

It is probably too fragmented to be IDd accurately, but the most likely thing it could be from is a Mosasaur.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

2 minutes ago, The Jersey Devil said:

It is probably too fragmented to be IDd accurately, but the most likely thing it could be from is a Mosasaur.

Thanks, I agree it likely would be.