Walt

If you've ever been through Delta, UT, on your way to the UDig site, you probably weren't too impressed with the town.  It's a sleepy, almost catatonic, town of about 5,000 if memory serves.  Just big enough to provide the basics of food, lodging, and gas as well as some community activities for the predominately farming families.  (And a place I have seriously considered retiring too :) )

But, turns out they have a pretty cool little museum there.  I have not visited said museum in person (didn't know it existed the handful of times I passed through) but stumbled across it on the internet.  You may find something there you like, but I am mainly posting this for the Harris Fossil Collection they have.  They have a very nice photo gallery which is what the link is to.  But don't stop there.  I also suggest you take a look at their "Articles" section.  The area has connections to C.D. Walcott and "Dinosaur" Jim Jensen and also has articles about local history.

http://greatbasinmuseum.com/index.php/photo-galleries/gallery/5-harris-collection-fossils#fwgallerytop

• I found this Informative 6

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

Thanks.:)

Some of the fossils in the Harris Collection are wonderful. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 3 months later...

Delta, Utah has a lot of character. Kind of like Green River, Utah, Blanding, Utah, or Wendover, Nevada. They are those mini hubs of activity for their respective areas. Not big enough to be a city but big enough to have interesting things in all of them. Speaking of Blanding, Utah, stop by the Dinosaur museum on the way to your favorite National Park.

http://dinosaur-museum.org/

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?