DJH1980

Hello! I found this fossil yesterday while searching for trilobites near the Buffalo River in middle tennessee. it measures approximately 5-6 inches long and around d an inch wide. Any information regarding it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_20180901_183300.jpg

Thanks Tidgeys Dad. It's very cool. I'm just happy to know what it is now. I know many of the sea creatures as I have found a lot of them. This is my first nautiloid of mine though!

Here are a few more pics of my collection. I wish I could show all of it but I'm over a thousand pieces now...that would take awhile! 

IMG_20180902_115437.jpg

IMG_20180902_115331.jpg

IMG_20180902_115251.jpg

IMG_20180902_115119.jpg

IMG_20180902_115208.jpg

IMG_20180902_115403.jpg

You've been busy!:)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

@Auspex, yes I have been, lol. I try to go somewhere new every month. This was my first foray to the Buffalo River but it certainly won't be my last! My God daughter went with me yesterday, this is a piece that she found and wanted me to share. I hope to post new finds in the future. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

IMG_20180902_115518.jpg

You have quite a impressive collection! We don't have orthocones in Florida so I bought a cut and polished piece at a rock show. 

orthocone nautiloid.jpg

Thanks! I've seen the cut and polished but never a rough one...I had an inkling that it might be but wanted an absoltue...'yes', lol.Your state has some wonderful agatized coral though. Might need to visit and find some!

Yes I've found many awesome pieces of agatized coral and shark's teeth here. I also picked up a bone at the beach 8 years ago and I just found out it was a Mastodon Tooth Enamel Cusp! How exciting! :)

Archived