Fossilized Egg

Lenny

Hi Lenny. This doesn't have the right shape for egg and no evidence of shell material. which would be much thinner than what's here. There's definitely a layer of one material around another but I'm not versed in the geology of that area. It is similar to some nodules that contain fossils. If you wanted to try splitting it you might ask @Nimravis how to go about it. Good luck!

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Even if it were an egg, the chances of it being from a dinosaur are pretty much nil. Washington state is too young for dino's. *sigh*

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

18 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

If you wanted to try splitting

I would not suggest that- unless the area contained fossils inside concretions similar to concretions found at Mazon Creek.

50 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

I would not suggest that- unless the area contained fossils inside concretions similar to concretions found at Mazon Creek.

@Lenny  Seriously, this is the expert advice.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

52 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Is this not the spot in the general area where they freestyle (with a big hammer) crabs and such from concretions ?

Archived