Mineral wells and Post Oak Creek

JoeNeuro

Hi all!  I just joined this forum and want to thank everyone upfront for such a great resource and community.  My wife and I recently relocated to north texas from upstate new york.  We fossil hunted up there and since we moved to texas have found some great specimens.   It has been amazing having the opportunity to hunt new deposits!  

Last weekend we went to mineral wells and post oak creek...both places we found from reading this forum!  I think a lot of what we found is quite common but definitely very different from what we are used to in New York.  We found shark teeth, shells, corals and some stuff we cannot identify...We even found what looks like a piece of native american pottery (reddish square on right side.  

Thanks again for looking and let me know if you see anything interesting.   We are eager to learn!

0_rps20180903_154348_535.jpg

Those are great! I'm hoping to take a trip up there once the weather is a bit cooler. :) There are great gastropods, echinoids, etc down here as you head toward Austin. I'm a transplant to TX, as well and love all the great fossil hunting. Glen Rose has been my favorite area so far. 

Archived