duz

Can anyone ID these bones? They are from the Two Medicine Formation, they have these weird bumps on them which I first thought was skin but it looks like it's part of the bone or whatever it is.

IMG_1817 (3024 x 2268).jpg

IMG_1831 (3024 x 2268).jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1818 (2016 x 1512).jpg

IMG_1822 (2016 x 1512).jpg

IMG_1824 (2016 x 1512).jpg

IMG_1831 (2016 x 1512).jpg

Wow.......i'm no dino expert, but that does look very similar to skin. Very awesome find if it is!

@Troodon should really take a look. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I have some turtle shell pieces from the Fort Crittenden Formation (Late Cretaceous) of southern Arizona that look much like this.

Don

Thanks for looking, I have some other pieces from around the same area but I can't tell if they are from a turtle or if they are egg shells.  There's 3 different kinds I found, the left looks like turtle, the middle I'm almost certain is egg shell and no clue what the right side is. I also found teeth fragments scattered all over, those were more interesting so spent all my time looking for teeth.

IMG_1862 (3024 x 2268).jpg

IMG_1864 (3024 x 2268).jpg

your initial post pieces look like Basilemys, which is a turtle known form the Lance and Hell Creek.  not sure which relative of it is in the Two Medicine.  In you r second to last photo, I see soft-shelled turtle, eggshell and croc scute (l to r on the ruler).  

Archived