Trilobase Users

crabfossilsteve

Hey Trilobase users

I've spent more than two solid months cateloguing my fossil collection and putting all the information into Trilobase.  I like this program alot and it has helped quite a bit.  Still alot of work!  Ha ha.  One issue I've encountered, however, is that the program presently does not include the geologic formation when printing labels.  Has anyone seen this problem and have the computer programing experience to design a solution.  I do not have any experience in programing.  Obviously, including the geologic formation on a label for a fossil catelogue is important.  I have been in touch with Danny regarding this issue and he provided programing language to work on a solution, but it is way over my head.  If anyone has been able to address this issue, please let me know.

Thanks

• I found this Informative 1

It may be helpful if you could tell us what language is used. Believe it or not, there are quite a few....lol. If its Java or C++ I could have a looksey.

...I'm back.

Hey Raggedy Man

Danny said this: 

you need a little knowledge of HTML and CSS (and provided more detail which I'm leaving out for now)

Here we go:

• Go to the subfolder "\print" of trilobase. Here you will find several files. The most important file is TEMPLATE.HTML
  • The other files are numbered like this: xx_F/M/A_description.DIV
  • Suppose you want to print a fossil label with image then the file 03_F_label_with_image.DIV is selected
  • When you look at the file 03_F_label_with_image.div with a text editor like Notepad, you see the following: