Fake, pseudo fossil?

daves64

First off, I have no idea where or when this was found originally. There is a house about 6-7 blocks from my apt that has recently gone up for sale. The people have since moved out. Out in front of the house in the area between the sidewalk & street itself, they (or someone else) had placed a border of railroad ties, then partially filled that with river rock. They then added several larger basalt rocks, quartz clusters, limb casts, small fossils, polished stones & several other stones of various types & sizes. I "rescued" this from there. I mean hey, they moved out & left them all there, so someone should take care of them, right? Anywho, this item is 3.75 inches or 9.5 cm tall x 8.5 inches or 21.5 cm around. Looks interesting to say the least. Seems to be at least partially agatized. I know it's worn, but it can't be helped considering.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

It does seem odd though. 6 sides with an almost repeating pattern on at least 2 of the sides with a ridge framing them in (pics 3 & 4). It looks familiar for some reason. :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Looks like a grade "A" canadate for a door stop.  

What other fossils did they have in the median lot?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

There wasn't much really. Just a nice looking steinkern, a partial spiral shell & an almost complete snail (I think).

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

Thanks. I'm going to see about taking some pics of the limb casts after I get some sleep. Working nights is quiet, but it doesn't help with sleeping when you don't sleep well in the first place. :faint: