Getting rare tyrannosaurids fossils

lone5wolf117

Hello whats are the possibility of getting Lythronax, Teratophoneus, Appalachiosaurus and Dryptosaurus tooth fossils ? 

Some places in the Carolinas produce a good amount of theropod teeth though I don’t think they are assigned easily. I’ve seen them on TFF a few times but I haven’t seen them for sale. Wish they were, be cool to have an east coast theropod tooth.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I feel you there... I wish I could come across one for sale as well, but I’m really doubtful about it.   Just because I feel like when someone finds a fossil like that it’s usually for keeps.

I’m sure you looked into it already, but honeslty I would say your best bet is to search for them. Very difficult, but not impossibile if you dedicate yourself. For Dryptosaurus for example, the Navesank Formation in NJ bears fossils from that dinosaur, undescribed theropods, and other cretacious fossils. Very tough to do, but with persistence who knows.

• I found this Informative 3

It’s the kind of thing you might see pop up and have to take quickly. I remember a Carolina Theropod tooth bearing matrix bag up for sale on the running auction a while ago, I think I bid on it but it quickly went above my pay grade.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

On 9/9/2018 at 12:08 AM, WhodamanHD said:

Some places in the Carolinas produce a good amount of theropod teeth though I don’t think they are assigned easily. I’ve seen them on TFF a few times but I haven’t seen them for sale. Wish they were, be cool to have an east coast theropod tooth.

Your gonna have to tell me where that is! The only place I know of is the Cape fear river. Is that it? I haven't been there yet

8 hours ago, Wolf89 said:

Your gonna have to tell me where that is! The only place I know of 8s the Cape fear river. Is that it? I haven't been there yet

I don’t know know, I have just been told they exist. I assume people who know keep it a bit hush.

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 4 years later...