Jump to content

Recommended Posts

ziggycardon

Hello to everybody! 

 

I'm kinda new here, but before I start I must say I really love this forum! It has really great vibes and you instantly can tell that this is a good and friendly community! 

So, I am ziggycardon, I live in Belgium, close to the border of the Netherlands and when we start speaking geologically, I live on the same cretaceous sediments as where the first major Mosasaurus discoveries where done! Unfortunatly I have never been on a fossil hunt myself and everything currently in my collection was bought or given to me. But I hope to change that soon, as I am dying to go hunting myself. Maybe the Chalk sediments 3 km from my home would be a good place to start!

For the rest, my job, my major hobby and my other main interest besides fossils are living animals. I currently work as the head of terrarium & aquarium in 3 different pet stores and I have quite a collection of reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and tropic fish myself. In my spare time I often take my own living animals along with my fossils and other educational natural history material to schools so I can teach kids about nature and it's history and hidden mechanics. 
For the rest are my other hobbies mainly based around movies and televisions as I collect a lot of stuff drom my favorite franchises like "Lord or the Rings" & "The Hobbit", "Game of Thrones, "Pirates of the Caribbean", ...
And I also attent a lot of comic cons and other events related to those franchises. 

But then this topic!
In this topic I will show my collection of fossils (and also minerals, stones and meteorites) as it is right now and then I will highlight each group of fossils bit by bit. 
I am currently starting with a own specialized fossil room, so ofcourse the progress and end result will also be posted here! 
And ofcourse when something get's added to my collection, I'll show it here as well. 
Sometimes a photo of my "special" pets or taxidermy specimens might pop up, but this topic will mainly be about the fossil room and my fossil collection.

For the rest, if you have any comments or questions about the collection or about me or about anything, feel free to ask! I'd love to reply!


 

got604_1452.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon

So here are the first shots of my entire collection. 
Just some pictures of my display cases, later I will post pictures of individual fossils and group highlights so every fossil might be explored a bit beter. 

 

153657011360380104 (2).jpg

153657011360380104 (3).jpg

153657011360380104 (4).jpg

153657011360380104 (5).jpg

153657011360380104 (6).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon

153657011360380104 (8).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
digit
31 minutes ago, ziggycardon said:

I'm kinda new here, but before I start I must say I really love this forum! It has really great vibes and you instantly can tell that this is a good and friendly community! 

Good, I'm glad it shows!

 

The moderators try to make sure the forum maintains that good vibe but the credit really goes to the membership itself for making this a welcoming place. We see a lot of new members just discovering fossils for the first time, we have a lot of school groups who end up on the site because their internet searches land them on TFF (because it is chocked so full of great information), and we have a great depth of long-time members with experience and deep knowledge in a wide variety of areas.

 

Glad you've found us and stuck around to actively post (many lurk for some time before being motivated to post). You have a fine collection with a great diversity of items. You mention that your collection is composed of purchases or gifts, we'll soon have you motivated to add some personal finds to your collection. They soon will become some of your favorite fossils because of the memories attached to them.

 

Cheers.

 

-Ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon

So the first fossils I want to highlight in my collection are my more geologically recent specimens, mainly my Pleistocene and holocene fossils. 

In the first picture are the more "exotic" species for my location as these fossils are not always as easy to get here in Europe. 
- An elephant bird egg shell (Aepyornis maximus), found in Madagascar (20 000 years old)

- A Glyptodon scute (Glyptotherium arizonae), found in Northern Florida in the USA (2,5 - 1,8 million years old)

- 4 bones from a ground sloth (Megalonyx leptostomus), found in Northern Florida in the USA (2,5 - 1,8 million years old)

 

In my second picture we have the fossils of species we most typically link with the last Ice Age, all these specimens are found in Europe. 
From left to right and from to to buttom: 
- A wooly rhino vertebrae (Coelodonta antiquitatis), found in the North Sea in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)
- A composite finger, an incisor and rib piece from a cave bear (Ursus spelaeus), found in the Dachsteingebirge in Austria (40 000 years old)

- A radius bone from a wooly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius), found in the North Sea in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)

- A molar from a wooly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius), found in the North Sea in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)

- A piece of tusk from a wooly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius), found in the North Sea in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)

- A hoof bone from a Megaloceros giganteus, found in the North Sea in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)

- A steppe bison vertebrae (Bison priscus), found in Overijssel in the Netherlands (20 000 years old)
- Wool from the wooly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius), found in the permafrost of Yakutia, Siberia in Russia (40 000 - 10 000 years old)

- A wolf neck vertebrae (Canis lupus), found in Houten in the Netherlands (10 000 years old)


The last picture aren't really fossils but I always link them to my Pleistocene and Ice Age fossil collection:
- A boulder with Glacier marks, found in Groningen in The Netherlands but originates from scandinavia. 
- Some peat from Dronten, The Netherlands (8 000 - 5 000 years old)

- A Capsien stone tool from Gafsa in Tunesia (10 000 - 6 000 B.C.)

- A stone tool from Mons in Belgium (5 000 B.C.)

- 2 flint stones form Denmark
- 1 replica of a neolitic arrow
- 1 polished blue stone, the same rock of which Stonehenge was made (bought at stonehenge itself)
 

153657011360380104 (10).jpg

153657011360380104 (9).jpg

153657011360380104 (11).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
13 minutes ago, digit said:

Good, I'm glad it shows!

 

The moderators try to make sure the forum maintains that good vibe but the credit really goes to the membership itself for making this a welcoming place. We see a lot of new members just discovering fossils for the first time, we have a lot of school groups who end up on the site because their internet searches land them on TFF (because it is chocked so full of great information), and we have a great depth of long-time members with experience and deep knowledge in a wide variety of areas.

 

Glad you've found us and stuck around to actively post (many lurk for some time before being motivated to post). You have a fine collection with a great diversity of items. You mention that your collection is composed of purchases or gifts, we'll soon have you motivated to add some personal finds to your collection. They soon will become some of your favorite fossils because of the memories attached to them.

 

Cheers.

 

-Ken

Yeah, it's really a forum you guys should be proud of! 
Due to my other hobby of reptile and fish keeping I spent a lot of time at fora, but there are always the typical internet trolls, and the dominant know-it-all who scare off anyone they don't see fit of that doesn't agree with them, and the one always trying to pick fights and such. 
This forum really gives off a very different vibe, you can see that this is a friendly and welcoming forum, haven't felt that with many fora.

And the two days I've been here I've learned and discovered quite a lot of new things thanks to the great expertise of some members!
I think I am going to spent quite a lot of time on this forum for sure!

And well I am sure the first hunt will follow soon, seeing all these threads really makes it tingle to go hunting! 
Really would love to explore my own surroundings just to learn more about the amazing geology and history of where I live, I know Belgium and the Netherlands have a lot of rich fossil locations, so I would love to start explore them. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Amateur Paleontologist

Some very nice specimens :) Thanks for posting!
Welcome to TFF, by the way ;) I think you're gonna love it here!

-Christian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Innocentx

Nice collection!!

1 hour ago, ziggycardon said:

dying to go hunting myself

This is where it's at, finding fossils in their 'natural habitat'. Good hunting!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
1 hour ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Some very nice specimens :) Thanks for posting!
Welcome to TFF, by the way ;) I think you're gonna love it here!

-Christian

Thank you! I love it already here! :)
 

50 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

Nice collection!!

This is where it's at, finding fossils in their 'natural habitat'. Good hunting!:D

Thank you!
Can't wait for the trill of the hunt! :D
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon

The second fossil highlight are my museum quality replica's made by British paleoartist John Mac!
From left to right and from top to buttom:
A 38 cm long Spinosaurus aegypthiacus claw replica
A juvenile Spinosaurus aegypthiacus skull replica

A 33 cm long Simolestes vorax (Pliosaur) tooth replica
A Eotyrannus lengi hand claw replica
A Velociraptor mongoliensis claw replica
An Allosaurus fragilis thumb claw replica
A Neovenator salerii claw replica

Picture really don't do these replica's justice, as they are really amazing in real life, the best replica's I own and some of the best I've ever seen.
These will definitely not be my last replica fossils from this guy as he truly is an artist when it comes to making these high quality replica's.

153657011360380104 (12).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggedy Man

When did Wil Wheaton join the forum?!?!?  :hearty-laugh:

:rofl:

 

Sorry...Welcome to the forum! As you can see, you're already one of the guys. 

 

On a different note: Great collection you have there! I do see a gap in that you need a few trilobites to help even out the selection. Yeah I really love those little guys which kinda has become an obsession. Im sure one will pop up here gluck!.

 

 

Best regards, 

Paul

 

P.S. No insult with that wil Wheaton comment intended. Im a huge Star Trek fan and would of geeked out if you actually had been Wil. Yep...im a nerd like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Hello, ziggycardon. :)

Most interesting collection. 

Thanks for sharing and look foraward to seeing more of it.

For years to come! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
58 minutes ago, Raggedy Man said:

When did Wil Wheaton join the forum?!?!?  :hearty-laugh:

:rofl:

 

Sorry...Welcome to the forum! As you can see, you're already one of the guys. 

 

On a different note: Great collection you have there! I do see a gap in that you need a few trilobites to help even out the selection. Yeah I really love those little guys which kinda has become an obsession. Im sure one will pop up here gluck!.

 

 

Best regards, 

Paul

 

P.S. No insult with that wil Wheaton comment intended. Im a huge Star Trek fan and would of geeked out if you actually had been Wil. Yep...im a nerd like that!

No insult at all!!! :D
Love Will Wheaton, have been compared to him more than once to be honest! :)
Haven't met him yet at conventions unfortunatly, the only Star Trek cast member I met was Karl Urban from who plays  Leonard "Bones" McCoy in the most recent movies.
5b96c77a1cf17_153657011360380104(14).jpg.cdaa96f814c7651c0ec3892358a3b64f.jpg

 

I do have a few trilobites though, unfortunatly not that many yet! Will highlight them soon!
But there are more on my wishlist though!!!
 

36 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hello, ziggycardon. :)

Most interesting collection. 

Thanks for sharing and look foraward to seeing more of it.

For years to come! :D

Thank you! :)
I will definiatly share more photo's of my collection in the coming days and weeks. 
And every time there is an update on the fossilroom or the collection, you guys will be the first to know here ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

Nice collection, minerals and fossils etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
8 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice collection, minerals and fossils etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
 

Then here is the last fossil highlight for today!
My newly acquired mosasaur jaw from a Prognathodon!
My first ever big fossil piece!
 

 

 

Some info on the piece, It was found in 2014 in the 3rd phosphate bed of the Khouribga basis, Morocco and the fossil is between 72 and 66 million years old.
The specimen measures 1,06 meters and has 15 original teeth in it even including the throat-teeth and part of the jaw-joint, no restauration have been done to the piece. 


5b96db0152cc6_153657011360380104(1).thumb.jpg.cdff4cd6a86443677565c1c5c7d49322.jpg

5b96dbb7ce475_153657011360380104(15).thumb.jpg.278168b2fe190f4e821965619e0e681c.jpg

5b96dc1c092ea_153657011360380104(16).jpg.a308e2d13b4f77969b7763b747cfb282.jpg

5b96dcaa88e5c_153657011360380104(17).jpg.5e514d1a15dd580416757384fdd781a2.jpg

5b96dd178428a_153657011360380104(18).jpg.612102d21f6f1e2d0f7c5e03c939eff0.jpg

5b96dd78cda20_153657011360380104(19).jpg.900437c34886b567304d81808dca3710.jpg

 

Funny story! 
I was kinda looking for quite a long time for a real mosasaur jaw (mosasaurs are one of my favorite prehistoric animals due to the facts that the region I live is where the first mosasaurs where found, so I kanda feel a personal connection to the species due to this), and anyway I was kinda planning to buy one in november during a fossil fair. But my regular fossil webshop had this one for sale, although way above my budget, this was the jaw I really wanted but could not really afford, only if I didn't find one at the fair I was going to buy this.
And then last thursday I was ill, had to call the doctor and stay home from work for a few days and what more can you do when you're sick in bed than to scroll through facebook. It's there that I saw an add from Catawiki with the jaw that I have set my eyes one, only with a much lower bidding price at the start. So I waited a few hours, placed a bit and won the jaw at the lowest bidding price and got it much cheaper than the original price at my regular fossil webshop! The jaw arrived 2 days later and I couldn't believe I just bought my dream mosasaurus jaw! It happened all so fast, speaking of a blessing in disguise! 

The piece will definiatly get a special place at the fossil room where it will be backed up by other Oued Zem fossils and a mosasaurus model! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JurassicParkCarnotaurus

What an incredible jaw! :dinothumb: Great collection too! Look forward to seeing the future finds/acquisitions! (Mostly the finds though;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goatinformationist

Dang! Junior you have a VERY professional collection on your hands. Kudos. Please keep up your insurance payments on these items.  Best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

Welcome to the forum from Maryland! Very nice collection! Ya know there’s an ongoing members pets thread somewhere in TFF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
20 hours ago, JurassicParkCarnotaurus said:

What an incredible jaw! :dinothumb: Great collection too! Look forward to seeing the future finds/acquisitions! (Mostly the finds though;))

Thanky you! I am very happy with the jaw and ofcourse my overall collection so far. 
Aah the pressure! Guess I have to go hunting real fast haha! :)

 

19 hours ago, goatinformationist said:

Dang! Junior you have a VERY professional collection on your hands. Kudos. Please keep up your insurance payments on these items.  Best...

Thank you! :)
And sure will do! ;) 

 

19 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Welcome to the forum from Maryland! Very nice collection! Ya know there’s an ongoing members pets thread somewhere in TFF.

Thanky you! :)
Thanks for letting me know, love that topic at every forum! 
Guess I have to do some more exploring here ;) 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
23 hours ago, Raggedy Man said:

On a different note: Great collection you have there! I do see a gap in that you need a few trilobites to help even out the selection. Yeah I really love those little guys which kinda has become an obsession. Im sure one will pop up here gluck!.

So especially for Raggedy Man is here my trilobite highlight! 

Although I really like trilobites I don't have many of them, and honestly I don't really know why as I find them both highly interesting and very beautiful. 
But there are a few on my wishlist though! As my collection grows I really like to add a Ogyginus sp., a large Cambropallas or Isotelus rex, a pyrite trilobite, a trilobite from my own country, and some really nice prepped specimen of one of those amazing species (doesn't matter which) with those appendices ,just as an eyecatcher ;)

But here are the few trilobites in my collection, from left to right & top to buttom:

A Peronopsis interstrictus found in Milland County, Utah in the USA (507 million years old)
A matrix with a couple of Elrathia kingi found in Millard County, Utah, House Range in the USA (500 million years old), this also one of my first fossil I've ever bought, long before I really started collecting. 
I think (but I'm not sure) a Calymene sp. or Flexicalymene still in nodule, don't really have any info on the piece, just bought it a local market for a cheap price and I found it good looking and a fun piece to show kids in school.
Then I think a Gerastos granulosus, but then again, I also bought this piece at a market without any info so I am really guessing. 
A Calymene sp. found in Morocco (450 million years old), don't really know what happened to it but I think they put some cement at the top of the head to make it look like a more complete trilobite.
An enrolled Acastoides sp. found in Erfoud in Morocco (350 million years old)
A Elrathia kingii found in Ohio in the USA (507 million years old) 

So that my still small collection of trilobites.
The weird thing with it, and also the reason why I have so little information on my trilobites is due to the fact that while pretty much my entire collection comes from a select few traders who earned my trust over the years and with who I am very happy.
Only the trilobites seem to be the exception at that rule as only 2 come from my regular fossil shop, the rest I simply bought at markets, museum shops and one online and at a fossil fair. 
 

153668930781504077.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane
13 minutes ago, ziggycardon said:


 

A Peronopsis interstrictus found in Milland County, Utah in the USA (507 million years old)
A matrix with a couple of Elrathia kingi found in Millard County, Utah, House Range in the USA (500 million years old), this also one of my first fossil I've ever bought, long before I really started collecting. 
I think (but I'm not sure) a Calymene sp. or Flexicalymene still in nodule, don't really have any info on the piece, just bought it a local market for a cheap price and I found it good looking and a fun piece to show kids in school.
Then I think a Gerastos granulosus, but then again, I also bought this piece at a market without any info so I am really guessing. 
A Calymene sp. found in Morocco (450 million years old), don't really know what happened to it but I think they put some cement at the top of the head to make it look like a more complete trilobite.
An enrolled Acastoides sp. found in Erfoud in Morocco (350 million years old)
A Elrathia kingii found in Ohio in the USA (507 million years old) 

 

 

Just so you can update your collection information with the latest, Peronopsis interstrictus: Elena Naimark reclassified the entire genus of Peronopsis in 2012, and this one is now Itagnostus interstrictus.

 

See:

Naimark, E.B. "Hundred Species of the Genus Peronopsis Hawle et Corda, 1847." Paleontological Journal, 2012, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 945–1057

 

Your partially composited Flexicalymene are likely Flexicalymene ouzregui from the Anti-Atlas Mtns. It is common practice that broken pieces are assembled and sold (not necessarily from the same specimen!). 

 

And I'm unsure about the Gerastos granulosus as that is more a common seller name, and not a valid species name for this genus in Morocco. The two common ones I encounter are G. ainrasifus and G. marocensis.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
1 minute ago, Kane said:

Just so you can update your collection information with the latest, Peronopsis interstrictus Elena Naimark reclassified the entire genus of Peronopsis in 2012, and it is now Itagnostus interstrictus.

 

See:

Naimark, E.B. "Hundred Species of the Genus Peronopsis Hawle et Corda, 1847." Paleontological Journal, 2012, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 945–1057

 

Your partially composited Flexicalymene are likely Flexicalymene ouzregui from the Anti-Atlas Mtns. It is common practice that broken pieces are assembled and sold (not necessarily from the same specimen!). 

 

And I'm unsure about the Gerastos granulosus as that is more a common seller name. The two common ones I encounter are G. ainrasifus and G. marocensis.

 

Thank you very much for your comment! 


I am going to change it to Itagnostus interstrictus immediatly in my fossil excel document, thank you for letting me know!
And yeah regarding the Flexicalymene, I did expected something like that, heard it's quite common practice with many Moroccan trilobites, but also thank you for giving me some more information on the correct species name and the possible location of where it's from! 
And unfortunalty I have no information on the Gerastos what so ever, no location, no age, no geologic time era and not even a country of origin so I guess Gerastos sp. would be the safest thing to call it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
31 minutes ago, ziggycardon said:

So especially for Raggedy Man is here my trilobite highlight! 

Although I really like trilobites I don't have many of them, and honestly I don't really know why as I find them both highly interesting and very beautiful. 
But there are a few on my wishlist though! As my collection grows I really like to add a Ogyginus sp., a large Cambropallas or Isotelus rex, a pyrite trilobite, a trilobite from my own country, and some really nice prepped specimen of one of those amazing species (doesn't matter which) with those appendices ,just as an eyecatcher ;)

But here are the few trilobites in my collection, from left to right & top to buttom:

A Peronopsis interstrictus found in Milland County, Utah in the USA (507 million years old)
A matrix with a couple of Elrathia kingi found in Millard County, Utah, House Range in the USA (500 million years old), this also one of my first fossil I've ever bought, long before I really started collecting. 
I think (but I'm not sure) a Calymene sp. or Flexicalymene still in nodule, don't really have any info on the piece, just bought it a local market for a cheap price and I found it good looking and a fun piece to show kids in school.
Then I think a Gerastos granulosus, but then again, I also bought this piece at a market without any info so I am really guessing. 
A Calymene sp. found in Morocco (450 million years old), don't really know what happened to it but I think they put some cement at the top of the head to make it look like a more complete trilobite.
An enrolled Acastoides sp. found in Erfoud in Morocco (350 million years old)
A Elrathia kingii found in Ohio in the USA (507 million years old) 

So that my still small collection of trilobites.
The weird thing with it, and also the reason why I have so little information on my trilobites is due to the fact that while pretty much my entire collection comes from a select few traders who earned my trust over the years and with who I am very happy.
Only the trilobites seem to be the exception at that rule as only 2 come from my regular fossil shop, the rest I simply bought at markets, museum shops and one online and at a fossil fair. 
 

153668930781504077.jpg

Nice collection. I especially like the Mosasaur jaw and the (cast I assume?) Arachnid in your third picture. 

Are you a member of the BVP? They do excursions where you can find your own trilobites from Belgian soil. Rare, but beautifel.

For the Pyrite trilobites, watch out! Most on the market appear to be painted.

From what animal is the vertebra below your mammoth molar? I found one very similar on the beach a couple of years ago.

 

Greetings

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon
Just now, gigantoraptor said:

Nice collection. I especially like the Mosasaur jaw and the (cast I assume?) Arachnid in your third picture. 

Are you a member of the BVP? They do excursions where you can find your own trilobites from Belgian soil. Rare, but beautifel.

For the Pyrite trilobites, watch out! Most on the market appear to be painted.

From what animal is the vertebra below your mammoth molar? I found one very similar on the beach a couple of years ago.

 

Greetings

 

Thank you and yes it's a cast of a Trigonotarbida type archnid, a Eophrynus prestvicii to be exact of which the original lies in the Museo di Paleontologia in Rome, got it from an old collection.
5b9813cdea1f3_153668930781504077(2).jpg.2579493dad75f3ff287e804c16839fe8.jpg


And no, I am not a member of anything yet, this forum is actually this first fossil related thing I've joined, been doing the hobby quite isolated till now.
But I am really considering it, might be a fun thing to do with my girlfriend as she is quite an outdoor type, I am more a hoarding dragon type, collecting and guarding his treasure haha! 

the vertebrae under the mammoth molar is a wolf neck vertabrae found in Houten, the Netherlands. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ziggycardon

My next fossil highlight are my shark teeth (and ray fossils) in my collection. 

The big one at the top is obviously a tooth from a Carcharocles megalodon found in Wilmington, North Carolina in the USA (15 - 10 million years old)
At the left top is a large tooth from an Otodus obliquus found in Oued Zem in Morocco (60 million years old)

The shark vertebrae and the 6 surrounding teeth are also Otodus obliquus found in Oued Zem in Morocco (60 million years old)

Then going left to right and top to buttom is a tooth from a Palaeocarcharodon orientalis found in Oued Zem in Morocco (60 million years old)

A tooth from a shortfin mako (Isurus oxyrinchus) found in Yorktown formation in the USA (11 million years old)

Carcharocles megalodon tooth fragment found in Antwerp in Belgium (10 million years old)

A cow shark tooth (Hexanchidae) found in Antwerp in Belgium (10 million years old)

A tiger shark tooth (Galeocerdo sp.) found in Togo (45 million years old)

Weltonia ancistrodon tooth found in Oued Zem in Morocco (70 million years old)

Hemipristis serra tooth found in Lee Creek Mine, Aurora, North Carolina in the USA (18 million years old)

Squalicorax pristodontus tooth found in Oued Zem in Morocco (70 million years old)

5 more Otodus obliquus teeth found in Oued Zem in Morocco (60 million years old)

Cosmopolitodus hastalis teeth but I don't know their origin
2 Cosmopolitodus hastalis teeth found in Antwerp in Belgium (15 - 10 million years old)

Carcharhinus sp. teeth found in Zolfo Springs, Hardee County, Peace River in the USA (6 million years old)

3 lemon shark teeth (Negaprion eurybathrodon) found in Zolfo Springs, Hardee County, Peace River in the USA (6 million years old)

1 ray tooth (Raja sp.) found in Balegem in Belgium (45 million years old)
2 ray stings found in Mill, The Netherlands (10 - 5 million years old)

8 ray stings (Myliobatis sp.) found in Oued Zem in Morocco (60 million years old)
153677437661851973.jpg.30bc3cef6f543d729aaa088ae97d2c04.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×