A Crab Trip To Washington

RJB

I had to rest up for 5 days after this trip. My health isn't what it used to be and this trip kicked my you know what!  Had an absolute freakin good time though!  Made some new freinds also, been a long time since that has happened.  I did very little actual fossil hunting. I did end up in a ditch looking for crab concretions, found none and had to crawl out on my hands and knee's just to get out of the ditch and back onto the road.  Before this stroke thing, I could have simply walked up and out of that ditch like it was nothing, but it was sooooooooo nice to be outdoors again!   Dont you fellow fossil hunters ever take your health for granted!!!    I did get some crab concs but I had to buy them.  Luckily I have friends in Washington.   I also met up with a guy that I found on the internet and had a really great time with him and bought and traded for some agatized Aturia and agatized clams.   Some really beautiful stuff!!!   And to top it all off, I came home with a trailer full of wood to use in my smoker.  Luckily my middle son came with me and did most of the work.  Made for a most wonderful trip. 

Oh, also, whilst at my buddy's house he gave me a broken open crab concretion that he didnt want.  It does need some repair, but if it has legs, it will be a good crab. 

RB

DSCN1708.JPG

DSCN1709.JPG

DSCN1714.JPG

DSCN1710.JPG

Nice report and glad you got out. I do everything that I can to try and stay healthy. It is nice that your also went, bonding time is great.

Oops, I forgot a couple of things.  Whilst at my new friends house, he gave me two agatized shrimp claws!!!  I was amazed.  These are worth millions!!!  Well, maybe not, but super cool to me.   And the other thing I forgot was this Super Duper Cool double meggokos crab concretion!  I payed a small fortune for this one and will be very nervouse when I go on the prep attack, but what a really neato double specimen.  Something you dont see everyday, plus I have the opposing piece of rock with the missing pieces on the main piece of rock.  A really really good thing. 

RB

DM-A.JPG

DM-B.JPG

DSCN1717.JPG

Very nice, Ron! :)

That'll keep you busy for a while. 

I actually adore those agatized Aturia, beautiful. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

Nice report and glad you got out. I do everything that I can to try and stay healthy. It is nice that your also went, bonding time is great

Thanks man.  and yeah, bonding with my middle son was really really good.

28 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Great stuff, Ron! Agatized shrimp claws! Wow!

thanks, I may have said they are worth millions, but now thinking about it, maybe only a few hundred thousand?  :)

11 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I actually adore those agatized Aturia, beautiful.

Hey Tidgy, I have been after these for years!  Now I have 5.  the collection has grown thanks to this trip.

RB

Awesome! 

Great acquisitions, Ron. 

The Crab Guy is back in business! ;) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

6 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Awesome! 

Great acquisitions, Ron. 

The Crab Guy is back in business!

Thanks man.  Im also leaving in just over 2 weeks for the Fox Hills Formation for some more awesome stuff.  This next trip will be with my youngest son who is tuffer than I used to be and is into fossils in a big way and can move tons of material. 

RB

Nice fossils and best of luck on your next trip. May the fossil gods shine favorably upon you!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

45 minutes ago, ynot said:

Look at You, getting out to hunt and trade and still time to prep!

Have a good trip with the youngster!

Thanks man,  Yeah, it was my first trip since the stroke, and it was a heck of alot of fun with my middle son being with me, and its absolutely wonderful that I can still prep! 

27 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Nice fossils and best of luck on your next trip. May the fossil gods shine favorably upon you!

Yeah man!  Seems like the fossil gods are always shining on me!!! 

RB

5 hours ago, RJB said:

Oops, I forgot a couple of things.  Whilst at my new friends house, he gave me two agatized shrimp claws!!!  I was amazed.  These are worth millions!!!  Well, maybe not, but super cool to me.   And the other thing I forgot was this Super Duper Cool double meggokos crab concretion!  I payed a small fortune for this one and will be very nervouse when I go on the prep attack, but what a really neato double specimen.  Something you dont see everyday, plus I have the opposing piece of rock with the missing pieces on the main piece of rock.  A really really good thing. 

RB

DM-A.JPG

DM-B.JPG

DSCN1717.JPG

Hey RB, good to see this post and your latest cool stuff. Yep we do take our health and having family around for granted---got to remember how fortunate we are always! Get after them crabs! 

Regards, Chris 

11 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Hey RB, good to see this post and your latest cool stuff. Yep we do take our health and having family around for granted---got to remember how fortunate we are always! Get after them crabs! 

Thanks Chris

RB

Hey Ron

Cool to see you out and about and gathering up those 'ole crabbies.  Glad you had such a good time hanging with friends and you son.  Those Aturia don't come along very frequently. Look forward to seeing how that double Meggokkos comes out, a double is so cool.  Fun to have a new supply of crab concretions to explore.  Waiting with bated breath to see what shows up.

I got out there back in mid July and did pretty well at the standard sites.  Just started some prep on them, so have high hopes.

Take care and also look forward to a Fox Hills trip report.

Steve

21 hours ago, crabfossilsteve said:

Cool to see you out and about and gathering up those 'ole crabbies.  Glad you had such a good time hanging with friends and you son.  Those Aturia don't come along very frequently. Look forward to seeing how that double Meggokkos comes out, a double is so cool.  Fun to have a new supply of crab concretions to explore.  Waiting with bated breath to see what shows up.

I got out there back in mid July and did pretty well at the standard sites.  Just started some prep on them, so have high hopes.

Take care and also look forward to a Fox Hills trip report

Thanks Steve.   It was fantastic to be outdoors again.  I couldnt do much and had to rest for 5 days after I got home, but now i have a bunch of stuff to keep me busy this winter.  and good luck on your 'crabbies' too.

RB

Beautiful nautiloids :drool:

And I can't wait to see these crabs post-prep :popcorn:

I'm glad to hear you got out into the field and had a wonderful time - that's really what it's all about, isn't it? 

Archived