Dinosaur eggs from Henan

Crazyhen

Looks real to me.

Fits the "typical" hadrosaur egg look.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

China doesn't allow its fossils to be exported, so most are fake. I would stay away from it. 

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

9 hours ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

China doesn't allow its fossils to be exported, so most are fake. I would stay away from it. 

Being illegal for export doesn't mean fake

Also, tonnes of fossils were brought out from China before it became illegal.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

If those are fake, then those are some really really good fakes.  Even I, the guy who rarely buys fossils anymore would take a chance on these,,, depending on price of course.

RB

I agree! They are unprepared, but they are definitely genuine typical spherolithic dinosaurids eggs. These eggs are very common in the Xixia Basin, Henan Province, China.

Sweet acquisition! :dinothumb:

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

11 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

I agree! They are unprepared, but they are definitely genuine typical spherolithic dinosaurids eggs. These eggs are very common in the Xixia Basin, Henan Province, China.

Sweet acquisition! :dinothumb:

I often hear these ones being referred to as Dendroolithid types too.

4 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

I often hear these ones being referred to as Dendroolithid types too.

I agree. And it really can be Dendroolithid types. But unprepared in this way, unfortunately for now there is no way to know.

03.PNG

10 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

I agree. And it really can be Dendroolithid types. But unprepared in this way, unfortunately for now there is no way to know.

Thank you very much, my friend.

I forgot to mention one point.  It was said that the eggs from Henan have thick but fragile shells, it is a standard practice to apply glue to the cracked parts of the shells to keep them in place.  The glue "502" is the standard one for use.

IMG_5580.JPG

IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5582.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5584.JPG

And I would also like to show you some big eggs from Ganzhou for comparison.  These are genuine eggs just dug up from the digging site.  The size is about the same as the Henan ones but the shell and its ornamentation are totally different.

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

On 13/09/2018 at 9:36 PM, Crazyhen said:

And I would also like to show you some big eggs from Ganzhou for comparison.  These are genuine eggs just dug up from the digging site.  The size is about the same as the Henan ones but the shell and its ornamentation are totally different.

This is very interesting, my dear friend Crazyhen! Do you have any closest photos?

03.PNG

1 hour ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

This is very interesting, my dear friend Crazyhen! Do you have any closest photos?

These are the closest photos I got.

2518D5A0-123F-47F7-9DFF-2688F24DCBDF.png

0B36B292-EF99-45E0-88CB-68F5278200FE.png

12 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

These are the closest photos I got.

It really looks like the shell ornamentation is completely different.

Wonderful! :wub:

Thanks for sharing! :D

03.PNG

Archived