Dakotaraptor tooth?

LordTrilobite

I came across this tooth and was wondering if the ID is correct as I haven't had much first hand experience with raptor teeth so far, especially Hell Creek raptors. It's being advertised as a Dakotaraptor steini tooth from the Hell Creek formation. In the description it says it has very fine serrations though I find them hard to spot in the photos as they are a little on the small side. It's pretty small. So could it be Acheroraptor instead?

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpgs-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

At 1" it's too big for Acheroraptor and it doesn't appear to have the longitudinal ridges that Acheroraptor teeth have. It could be either Dakotaraptor or Nanotyrannus. I think you'll need a better look at the serrations to tell which it is. Here is a topic by @Troodon that may help:

Yeah I was looking for that thread as well, but didn't find it at first. Indeed, I came to the same conclusion, Nano or Dakota, I'm fine with both, so that's good.

Thanks.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I've seen this as well and not a Dakotaraptor. Not to call someone out but this individuals ID'ing has been in the past all over the place.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

The photos aren’t super clear, but the serrations on the anterior and posterior carina look like they’re the same size. This indicates it’s tyrannosaurid. Dakotaraptor teeth have the typical dromaeosaurid morphology, where the posterior serrations are noticeably larger. This is a Nanotyrannus tooth

Archived