Big 5 Foot Slab of Eurypterids !!!

RJB

I didnt know where to post this?  Its not prepped.  It was just found, but sadly, not by me.  I just wanted to show this to folks.  Too cool not too.  If its in the wrong place, please move it.  Thanks.

My best buddy goes to England every year to metal detect.  He met my other buddy, Al Lang, whilst on one of those trips and they became freinds.   I was just sent these photos this morning.  Really really cool.  I only wish that I could prep something like this.  Supposed to be 19 Eurypterids on it.  Just Wow!!!

RB

Multi rock A.jpg

Multi rock B.jpg

Multi rock C.jpg

Multi rock D.jpg

It took me a few seconds of looking at that slab to realize what I was seeing. That's incredible!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Seven hells that's a magnificent piece! 
Amazing to see so many of them together, hoping to get my hands on a Euryptid fossil one day, really amazing creatures. 
Very nice find! 

Interested in all things paleontology, geology, zoology, evolution, natural history and science!
Professional exotic pet keeper, huge fantasy geek, explorer of the microfossil realm, member of the BVP (Belgian Association for Paleontology), Volunteer prepper at Oertijdmuseum Boxtel.  

View my collection topic here:

The Growing Collection of Ziggycardon
My animal collection at the "Members pet" topic

Ziggycardon's exploration of the microfossil realm

Trips to Eben Emael (Maastrichtian of Belgium)

My latest fossil hunt

Next project will be a dedicated prepping space.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

5d68d9f3c550a_153657011360380104(21).jpg.bda3d3b7ae7b8321dd0620a0c61cc459.jpg5d68da1b497f5_153657011360380104(20).jpg.8610ffc65ccaa5d057e7b52b65989cd0.jpg5d68da353dd03_153657011360380104(24).jpg.ae73afaefa6ab34e7af5f6131aed96ff.jpgsolnhofen.jpg.76dd03ba7eb39946850662021b7d8dd4.jpg166802558255587143.jpg.c38d91e9e45f17addf29c40166b797a2.jpg5d68da49ad887_153657011360380104(25).jpg.dfff987039b3c99f41e44da51f71ae91.jpg

Wow! Puts my one inch damaged eurypterid head to shame. That Lang quarry is not showing any sign of slowing down!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Im just glad that folks can enjoy this, but please remember, I did not find this.  I was sent photos of this magnificent find from a friend.  Hard to answer questions about it.

RB

Hey if your friend created an account on TFF and submitted it on Invertebrate Find of the Month (if he found this piece in September) I doubt there would be little contention for 1st place!:dinothumb: 

Incredible find, I'm sure whoever found that is happy!

"A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others." - Robert E. Lee

Stunning piece! They found something absolutely amazing!!

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

On 9/16/2018 at 7:59 AM, Wrangellian said:

WOW... How come I haven't heard of this Lang quarry until now?

Lang's quarry has been mentioned many times on the forum, you must off been taking a nap during those posts.:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Wow! That is awesome!

I might have to take down a painting and hang that somehow, what a cool display piece it would make. Something like that needs to be in a museum so many can enjoy it though.

14 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Lang's quarry has been mentioned many times on the forum, you must off been taking a nap during those posts.:P

Maybe!

I've probably come across the name but don't recall. I do know there are Eurypterid sites in NY.

24 minutes ago, Wrangellian said:

Maybe!

I've probably come across the name but don't recall. I do know there are Eurypterid sites in NY.

Lang's quarry is located in Ilion New York.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

They don’t come easy from what i have heard. He has to break up and dig out chunks of that hard stone. Then it has to weather for months before it will split. And it doesn’t split nice and flat. Lang asks top dollar for his specimens but the hours involved are high.

Archived