Fake Morocco crocodile?

Is this a fake Moroccan crocodile? Sorry for the bad pics it's at a fossil shop I can try and go back and get better once if people think they need ones that are better.

It looks real but there so many fakes its hard to tell. They called it a Dyrosaurus 65million years old from Atlas Mountans Morocco. I beleave that is wrong and its from a early time.

Need closer pictures that are not blurry.  Need to look at the bone structure by the matrix.  If there are bubbles on the bone, that means it is resin and not bone.  To me, I already think the skull looks fabricated.  The skull looks too perfect in matrix, all the ones I have seen are beaten up pretty bad, sometimes beyond recognition.

Would also be careful because seller does not seem to know what they are selling.

• I found this Informative 1

65 million years may not be the age of the fossil if it is Dyrosaurus. Many Dyrosaurus are found in the Lower Eocene beds of Ouled Abdoun.

I'll withhold comment on authenticity considering the quality of the photos.

• I found this Informative 2

These photos are not good enough to make proper judgement.

But...

From these photos it looks like most of the skull itself might be real as it doesn't show that many red flags. The matrix surrounding it however does look very fake. And the one big suspicious area on the skull that I can see is the middle of the snout. I think this is made from two skulls with the snout being composited onto a more complete skull that was missing a snout. There is also a difference in colour on the matrix near this suspicious area to support this idea.

For better photos, try some closeups of the matrix around the croc to confirm that it's fake. Perhaps some closeups of the back part of the skull, middle of the snout (specifically where the breaks are visible) and tip of the snout.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

5 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

These photos are not good enough to make proper judgement.

But...

From these photos it looks like most of the skull itself might be real as it doesn't show that many red flags. The matrix surrounding it however does look very fake. And the one big suspicious area on the skull that I can see is the middle of the snout. I think this is made from two skulls with the snout being composited onto a more complete skull that was missing a snout. There is also a difference in colour on the matrix near this suspicious area to support this idea.

For better photos, try some closeups of the matrix around the croc to confirm that it's fake. Perhaps some closeups of the back part of the skull, middle of the snout (specifically where the breaks are visible) and tip of the snout.

I totally agree to that analysis. Furthermore, the skull seems very bright white - my first impression was that the skull is not fossil or real at all. But yes, more photos are needed....

28 minutes ago, Pemphix said:

I totally agree to that analysis. Furthermore, the skull seems very bright white - my first impression was that the skull is not fossil or real at all. But yes, more photos are needed....

It's quite common for bones from that area to be bright white in colour.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite