Still_human

I have some pictures of weird creatures that I had been collecting online(pictures, not creatures), but never getting around to anything with them, and I keep having to delete them to make room, so I figured I'd just make a thread dedicated to the idea, instead of a thread each time there's a crazy knew whatever I come across. 

Please feel free to give any info or thoughts, answers or questions about anything brought up, and if there's any weird or particularly cool creature you want to mention, go ahead and post about it, preferably with a picture. it's ok if you don't have a picture, for instance someone might not even know what it's called, and can only describe it some.

go right ahead and bring up something new anytime, or to bring something from earlier back up, even if it hasn't been talked about in awhile. If you're posting about something that's not currently being talked about, just be sure to either start by quoting something about it from before, or just preface your post with what thing you're talking about, that way people will know what you're talking about, and won't get confused. If something is getting heavy discussion, anyone can start a new thread to move discussion of that creature over, to make it easier, but if you do, make sure you post the link to the new discussion thread, for everyone!

*to avoid confusion, if you're not continuing the discussion from the previous post, just be sure to refer to what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, ok, I also found another picture I still had. Im just bringing this plesi up cause of how gruesome it looks! It's like a picture of a plesiosaur's evil twin! Or dr.jeckyl and mr.plesiosaurus.

IMG_7369.JPG

@Still_human

When grabbing pictures from the web to post, please make sure you include some indication of the source (link or text).  Random photos without discussion are not encouraged.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

On 9/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, JohnJ said:

@Still_human

When grabbing pictures from the web to post, please make sure you include some indication of the source (link or text).  Random photos without discussion are not encouraged.  ;)

gotcha, I'll grab any links too from now on. I might be able to find the links for these 3 if needed, but don't worry though, I think it'll be alright this time, discussions take 2 or more people :oyh:

@Still_human You might enjoy this old topic, some weird stuff there.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

17 hours ago, snolly50 said:

@Still_human You might enjoy this old topic, some weird stuff there.

Thanks:) yes, helicoprion is definitely a top-of-the-list'er! Same with edestus. I have a thread about edestus. It's a lot of fun discussing weirdness like that!

Has anyone heard of the flying shark? It's apparently the same deal as modern flying fish, but instead its a school of sharks!!!

10 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Has anyone heard of the flying shark? It's apparently the same deal as modern flying fish, but instead its a school of sharks!!!

Sure happens every time I chum the water and go swimming in a migratory school of sharks. You should try it, it can be quite invigorating!

7 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Sure happens every time I chum the water and go swimming in a migratory school of sharks. You should try it, it can be quite invigorating!

Hahahaha

sounds great, ill hafta give it a try!

Archived