Any guesses on this tooth?

RJ5

My brother and daughter went out to a small creekbed nearby (Columbia, South Carolina) hoping to find arrowheads. They came back with this tooth. Sadly I broke it as I was taking the photos. :( In the picture that is looking at the root of the tooth, I had to hold it together. I included one of the inside in case that helps at all.  Any guesses? 

361A26D2-D2A4-40A4-BBDD-C7BB596390DE.jpeg

D8E13268-95B0-44FC-A948-B615F90C0804.jpeg

BA43C19C-D491-4745-B14F-E73311B429DB.jpeg

B372DB88-01E9-45BF-B6A0-790AAD8EEE2B.jpeg

Welcome to TFF, a great place for fossil enthusiasts.

and coming from South Carolina, you are highly likely to find lots of interesting fossils,  but this is not one of them.

It is not a tooth, My guess is geological with a slight possibility of being fossilized rock...

IMG_0948FossilizedWood2.jpg.173d1b8d27ac20893d0b00559d145b69.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Looks more like a bone shard to me, but I guess it could possibly be a very worn tooth of some type, but I'm going with bone. 

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

So how would you tell the difference between bone or rock? (They were hoping for a dinosaur tooth!) Would the fact that it broke fairly easily be any helpful identifier? It wasn't brittle in my hand, but dropping on tile less than a foot off the floor it broke.

Looks to be bone to me as well. Shaped like the end of a rib, but could be just the way it is worn down.

Time to pull out the trusty glue, Butterfingers! :megalodon_broken01:

See if they'll ever let you touch their finds again!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Looks more like wood than bone.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Archived