Topgun

Mulbring Quarry permission

Topgun

Good evening all! I see lots of requests for the contact details for gaining permission to access the quarry at Mulbring, but no answers.

Is this because there are no answers, or because they have been answered privately?

Either way, I would really appreciate finding out how to obtain permission, as my 6 year-old grandson (and his mum - and me) would love to visit for

a scratch around. Went there years ago and would love to show it to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated - cheers! :-)

DanKurek

Hello!

Access to Mulbring Quarry is quite easy as the owners are happy to let people in. The best way to get into the quarry is by joining the Australian Fossil Club. I am a member of this group and they know the owners of the quarry and visit the site a few times a year. My first trip with the club was to Mulbring and it was amazing. The members are kind and are happy to teach new people about collecting. Besides Mulbring, the Australian Fossil Club goes on trips to many fossil sites around Australia (Mainly NSW) and has access to many private sites. If you have any more questions feel free to message me :).

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Topgun

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your reply, very helpful, I would appreciate it if you could send me contact details for the Australian Fossil Club, sounds like a lot of fun!

cheers,

Alan

woywoyJames

Hi all,

I am bumping this thread as I am interested in visiting Mulbring Quarry. I'm a plant ecologist at Macquarie University in Sydney but my second love is paleobiology and I would love to check out the site.

Could someone kindly PM me the owner's details?

Thanks very much,

James

Paleoworld-101
On 17/05/2019 at 11:17 AM, woywoyJames said:

Hi all,

I am bumping this thread as I am interested in visiting Mulbring Quarry. I'm a plant ecologist at Macquarie University in Sydney but my second love is paleobiology and I would love to check out the site.

Could someone kindly PM me the owner's details?

Thanks very much,

James

PM sent. 

Topgun
7 hours ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

PM sent. 

Hi Paleoworld-101 - as the original poster of this thread, I would appreciate it if you could send me as well any information regarding Mulbring - I would greatly appreciate anything you can suggest - cheers, Alan

Paleoworld-101
47 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Hi Paleoworld-101 - as the original poster of this thread, I would appreciate it if you could send me as well any information regarding Mulbring - I would greatly appreciate anything you can suggest - cheers, Alan

Sure! I assumed you had it already given the age of this thread.