Wanted: Modern shark jaw

Darktooth

I just got the biggest inspiration from my son Devin. Today Devin had to do his own presentation on a book he read, about shark attacks in New Jersey, in the early 1900's. He got a perfect score based on 10 different criteria!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1. Size of shark

2. Temperature of water at the time

3. Type of shark

4. Size of the teeth

5. Amount of blood loss

6. Depth of wounds

7. Amount of food available in the water ( swimmers)

8. Time it took rescue personel to get there

9. Which body parts were affected

10. Story presentation

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Just now, caldigger said:

1. Size of shark

2. Temperature of water at the time

3. Type of shark

4. Size if the teeth

5. Amount of blood loss

6. Depth of wounds

7. Amount of food available in the water ( swimmers)

8. Time it took rescue personel to get there

9. Which body parts were affected

10. Story presentation

:ighappy:

I just got back and I think tonight went very well. There was a lot of audience participation and a lot of questions being asked. Many of the club members came up after the talk and told me they enjoyed it so that was a plus. I was pleasantly surprised that our new forum member @Al Tahan drove out from Utica to come to the meeting. It was nice meeting him and having a TFF member there to hear the presentation. Thanks Al! We will have to get a hunt in ASAP. I wanted to once again thank @Woopaul5 for the Shark jaw and everybody for their support. I also sang the praises of the fossil forum when asked, what is a good resource to get things identified. A lot of members wore their sharktooth necklaces and brought sharkteeth that they had in their collections so it definitely seemed like a topic most enjoyed hearing about!

I forgot to mention that I was approached by a lady who works for one one the local libraries and was asked if I would be willing to do a presentation for the kids in the Spring. I agreed , so that should be fun. She had one condition which was that I had to bring my two boys, who had helped me passed items around last night. She commented on how kind and courteous they were. 

congrats Dave :dinothumb:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

1 hour ago, Max-fossils said:

congrats Dave :dinothumb:

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Well done, Dave! I had a feeling you'd do exceptionally well. :) :fistbump:

Thanks Gentlemen! It was a lot of fun, especially when members came up to me afterwards to talk. I got a chance to converse with those that I haven't had much interaction with in the past. It's always nice to get to know new people. 

1 hour ago, Woopaul5 said:

Awesome!!! Congrats on a great presentation!

Thanks Paul! The jaw definitely was useful in the discussion. I had one of my sons walk through the audience with it, stopping briefly to show each person as I discussed the jaw and tooth structure. 

On 11/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, Darktooth said:

I just got back and I think tonight went very well. There was a lot of audience participation and a lot of questions being asked. Many of the club members came up after the talk and told me they enjoyed it so that was a plus. I was pleasantly surprised that our new forum member @Al Tahan drove out from Utica to come to the meeting. It was nice meeting him and having a TFF member there to hear the presentation. Thanks Al! We will have to get a hunt in ASAP. I wanted to once again thank @Woopaul5 for the Shark jaw and everybody for their support. I also sang the praises of the fossil forum when asked, what is a good resource to get things identified. A lot of members wore their sharktooth necklaces and brought sharkteeth that they had in their collections so it definitely seemed like a topic most enjoyed hearing about!

Thanks for the invite to the presentation Dave! It was a pleasure meeting you and chatting a little. Very cool presentation I learned some new shark facts and I also have a deeper understanding of shark teeth and some of the locations Dave has collected at. I do want to find a meg tooth someday..bucket list! 

Cant wait to get some fossil hunting in! I can tell 2019 is gonna be a good year for sure. 

Archived