Fossil ID, Kristianstad, Sweden

Linus

Hi, I posted a fossil ID question last week, and today I went back to the very same location and searched for a few hours.

I think I found some more fossils, but they look very different from what I am used to find, so I'm not sure even all of them are fossils?

Thank you for your time!

All the best/ Linus

-----

For reference this is the previous fossil ID question with the very detailed sponge -> 

1. I'm pretty confident this is a fossil. I also found a belemnite at the same location that I added for reference. It looks round, I don't think it is broken more than the "top".

fossilatleast.jpg.1b69240b16fe3140ecda8cba45e8e701.jpg

2. For the record, I didn't crack the stone, It was already cracked. Inside there is something that looks very much like a sponge or very large seed. But I'm puzzled by how the stone looks overall?

spoungeq.jpg.4ad4781d2285c8eea34fae6b42ee120f.jpg

3. I'm not sure this is a fossil. But perhaps it is the base of a coral?

coral.jpg.fb8a14e4d7dde9bc593653de1f9d49b1.jpg

4. I'm not sure this is a fossil either... but there were a few samples that had this peculiar look. 

largecoral.jpg.700e2ae5c9d7ac6fec33b790d6d8fe5c.jpg

5. There were also a few samples of these "sausage fingers", I placed them along with the belemnite for reference..

belemniteAnd.jpg.c8a9661ecdf9d38e44b944ddc580f526.jpg

4 and 5 are probably burow casts, trace fossils.

2 could be a silicified sponge with a concretion around it.

Not sure on the others.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Oh, burow casts, that would explain the blunt organic shape. Cool. I didn't know that.

There were some very weird stones that couldn't possibly be fossils, but they had this organic shape. I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

Archived