Petrified wood?,tooth?,stem?

hndmarshall

I'm not sure what you're using to take photos, but the problem I see is focus. The ruler seems to be in better focus than the rock.

Take photos in best possible light (sunlight best, if shining). You may be too close. Make sure focus is on object and crop afterwards. 

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

2 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

I'm not sure what you're using to take photos, but the problem I see is focus. The ruler seems to be in better focus than the rock.

Take photos in best possible light (sunlight best, if shining). You may be too close. Make sure focus is on object and crop afterwards. 

sorry will try to get better photos.

It does look like wood to me, clearer pix would help

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Next time leave out the ruler, as your camera or phone still continues to focus on the background object. Did you take photos from further away? Do you have cropping capabilities on your device?

I'd like to see your object but it's still fuzzy.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

14 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

Next time leave out the ruler, as your camera or phone still continues to focus on the background object. Did you take photos from further away? Do you have cropping capabilities on your device?

I'd like to see your object but it's still fuzzy.

poor light here at house will try  again tomorrow when at work.

According to what I can see at the moment, there might be conchoidal fractures, so a silica-rich material (like chert) could be proper for the whole mass. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived