Bone?..impression?...any ideas what this might be?

hndmarshall

found this yesterday evening could it be the impression of some sort of bone?..part of a jaw?...impressions of something...a piece of spine?

Sun Sep 23 10-02-34.jpg

Sun Sep 23 10-02-57.jpg

Sun Sep 23 10-07-11.jpg

Sun Sep 23 10-08-41.jpg

I am sorry I am taking my pics the best i can with what I have I also have an eye condition I see double so focusing is a bit hard for me I have glasses but they only do so much as my double vision is up and down not side to side as for equipment all I have is my cell phone and my micro camera....I do need a good camera it is o my want list. I did try to take a few more...

Sun Sep 23 13-25-20.jpg

Sun Sep 23 13-25-31.jpg

Sun Sep 23 13-25-57.jpg

2 minutes ago, hndmarshall said:

???

It has the appearance of bone that housed internal tissues of some sort such as a brain case, but the texture seems wrong and the symmetry slightly askew. 

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi I hope you don’t mind I have lightened your photos a bit to help.

79F058F5-DB1A-4BD7-B462-0F55DC6D14CD.jpeg

6BE16FB5-D383-4FE5-81B6-38A533058481.jpeg

768FF564-94E9-4AA1-9D2C-5480159700FB.jpeg

not at all if it helps have at it :0

Just now, Rockwood said:

It has the appearance of bone that housed internal tissues of some sort such as a brain case, but the texture seems wrong and the symmetry slightly askew. 

Yea like it was deformed?..or crushed at some point?...what if it were a youngster whos bones were still soft that had died?... just tossing ideas

29 minutes ago, hndmarshall said:

Yea like it was deformed?..or crushed at some point?...what if it were a youngster whos bones were still soft that had died?... just tossing ideas

Distortion during fossilization is common. I think the texture is the problem, but it could be a preservation that I'm not familiar with.

I guess , it might be a skull element. If it's hyperostosed the symmetry may be unequal. Also, it could be a hard substrate with bioerosional markings, or an ironstone. It would be on help to know some physical properties of it (like hardness, specific gravity, etc.) and the location / geological settings of the find. Hard to tell from the pictures what it could be, I'm afraid. :headscratch:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library