Dubious elrahz formation material.

Haravex

A seller on a popular auction is now offering dinosaur material from the elrahz formation which to me looks to be of kem kem in origin others members thoughts would be good to help people in making an educated purchase.

PSX_20180923_183603.jpg

PSX_20180923_183555.jpg

PSX_20180923_183613.jpg

PSX_20180923_183621.jpg

PSX_20180923_183628.jpg

PSX_20180923_183637.jpg

The first one has a weird color, but doesn't that also occur in the Elrhaz formation also? There are species like Eocarcharia dinops and Carcharodontosaurus iguidensis  that occur there so this might be from there.

Second looks like a Suchomimus tenerensis tooth, which also occur in this color in the Elrhaz formation but has about the same color as Spinosaurid teeth from the Kem Kem indeed. Picture below is from Elrhaz formation

5ba7d45aa1231_Suchomimustenerensis.jpg.b28009f6e78f77b564bfad50e5dd5061.jpg

I don't know anything about crocodiles from that region.

3 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

The first one has a weird color, but doesn't that also occur in the Elrhaz formation also? There are species like Eocarcharia dinops and Carcharodontosaurus iguidensis  that occur there so this might be from there.

Second looks like a Suchomimus tenerensis tooth, which also occur in this color in the Elrhaz formation but has about the same color as Spinosaurid teeth from the Kem Kem indeed. Picture below is from Elrhaz formation

5ba7d45aa1231_Suchomimustenerensis.jpg.b28009f6e78f77b564bfad50e5dd5061.jpg

I don't know anything about crocodiles from that region.

The second tooth doesn’t have any of the gray or black coloration to it. Agree that the second tooth is Kem Kem becuase it has some of the pink and red in it of that makes sense.

That first one looks like it has some reconstructing. Otherwise it does indeed look a bit like it might be from Kem Kem.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I believe the first one to be from a conglomerate block and the rest to be from a clay section which have been cleaned to remove all matrix surrounding them.

• 2 weeks later...

@Haravex

good call, I agree that these teeth do not look like the standard Niger teeth and superficially at least look like they are from the Kem Kem.

Archived