Maybe a long neck vert????? Need help please

SULLY

I apologize ahead of time. I do not have location of origin or any history on this piece. A friend of mine acquired this when he bought a store that was closing. Other than the pictures, all I can tell you is it weighs about 12 pounds. I was thinking a vert from a Diplodocus or a Camarasaurus. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you everyone!

DIPLO1.jpg

DIPLO2.jpg

DIPLO3.jpg

DIPLO4.jpg

DIPLO5.jpg

DIPLO7.jpg

DIPLO8.jpg

DIPLO6.jpg

The file size doesn't allow for closer inspection. As I enlarge the images they get distorted and lose the fine details.

...I'm back.

It would not let me put larger file size pictures up. When I first went to do it, I was able to put up one picture and that was it because I exceeded the max limit. If you can tell me how to do it differently, I'm listening.

You send the pics to youreself in and email. When it says what size to send it. Send as less that 3.9. The save them from email and upload.

42 minutes ago, SULLY said:

It would not let me put larger file size pictures up. When I first went to do it, I was able to put up one picture and that was it because I exceeded the max limit. If you can tell me how to do it differently, I'm listening.

Welcome to TFF!

You can add pictures in a reply to this thread.

Sometimes You will still get the over limit notice.

Then You can refresh the page.

The larger the pictures are the more detail We can see.

(I personally think 3 or 4 pictures per post is a good size to work with.)

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Or, if using Windows, open the pics in paint then crop & resize them.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I agree with Havarex. It looks like it comes from Morrison formation (late Jurrasic). Given the size I would assume it is a tail vertebra of a sauropod.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, Haravex said:

Caudal vertebrae of a sauropod looks to be of morssion formation preservation.

This.

Definitely a caudal vert, and looks like sauropod. I agree with the preservation as well.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived