trilobite in river?

blackmoth

It is in the Changxing island of Dalian, a port city located in NE China, somewhere near Korea. The calcite/dolomites seems to have some

scattered trilobites pieces. But the dolomite and clay layers stack up alternatively,  which is not supposed to be marine face?

BTW, the rocks are supposed to be of Early to Mid Cambrian period.

I can not tell the speices of the trilobites. I do not know if they are heads or tails.

layers-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Sorry can’t help but @Kane maybe able too. I use a phone so the picture are small. I cropped it to

see closer I hope you don’t mind

09E5269F-FF33-42E2-8D70-49E652F7D4EC.jpeg

Fairly certain it is the pygidium of a trilobite. Of which species, I'm not sure... I don't trust my ability to identify Cambrian trilobites from China. :( Perhaps @piranha will chime in with something much more specific.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Chuangia batia

text and figures from:

Zhang, W., & Jell, P.A. 1987

Cambrian Trilobites of North China: Chinese Cambrian Trilobites Housed in the Smithsonian Institution.

Science Press Beijing, China, 332 pp. 125 pl.

image.thumb.png.ba2935239180500499ad37a4ed297a1e.png

image.thumb.png.557b2defb7049b9be29d756585c1a21b.png

• I found this Informative 5

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

a thousand thanks to Piranha and Kane and Bobby.   But the river thing is still a ? . Maybe the broken , poorly preserved pieces are transported to a river delta.

I found a piece of pyrite the size of a pigeon egg nearby ( kind of stand lone ). and wonder if that gives a hint at the enviroment.

pyrite.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I stay corrected. the matrix is not dolomite, but calcite, which is confirmed with the vehement bubbling in HCl acid. I was mistaken because

there are some weathered rocks  nearby on the seashore, which based on my limited experience are not likely calcites.