a few curiosities from last nights hunt

hndmarshall

Item one 3 pics...some sort of fan corral or sponge or the wing imprint of some big bug?

Item two 2 pics.... hold fast or sponge?

Item three 2 pics...hold fast or?

I know, I know the pics are not too good I do have a new camera on order be here in a few days.

IMG_20000102_121926.jpg

IMG_20000102_122036.jpg

IMG_20000102_122126.jpg

IMG_20000102_121930.jpg

IMG_20000102_121953.jpg

IMG_20000102_121959.jpg

IMG_20000102_121935.jpg

3 minutes ago, ynot said:

None of You pictures are in focus. This makes it real hard to form an opinion on the IDs of these pieces.

lousy camera sorry will try to get better ones later....even took them outside but been raining raining raining

4 minutes ago, hndmarshall said:

lousy camera sorry will try to get better ones later....even took them outside but been raining raining raining

You may be trying to get to close to the subject. :headscratch:

Does Your camera have a "micro" setting?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

So far the not-too-sharp images don't seem to suggest anything fossil but look mostly like interesting geologically produced shapes. Better photos when the new camera arrives (and the rains stop) will make it easier for us to see clearly the patterns you are referring to in these rocks. It would also help to know the area where they are collected from as that will help to pin down the geological age so we can know what types of fossils are possible from that area.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great fossil information here and members who may be in your area.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

36 minutes ago, ynot said:

You may be trying to get to close to the subject. :headscratch:

Does Your camera have a "micro" setting?

I have a microscopic camera and my cell phone neither will get a good pic.....will have to keep trying or wait for new camera to arrive.

17 minutes ago, RJB said:

So far, it looks like you have a nice pile of rocks?

RB

yea a nice growing pile of oddities, am hoping when the new camera arrives some may turn out to be something..lol

2 hours ago, hndmarshall said:

Rain?!  I had to Google it. Not a word we hear in these parts often.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Second photo of first object shows it may be a piece of coral. Looking forward to you new camera's photos to make sure of that. :)

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Interesting looking specimens. I probably would have picked them up for a closer look but I'll let you know if I would have tossed them back when we get  your new pictures :)

Do we know the age of these? A location, formation name or period might help too. Also please add something for scale or give us the dimensions.  If you don't know the name of the formation see if you can find it here. The maps are clickable so you can focus in.

http://www.twdb.texas.gov/groundwater/aquifer/GAT/

41 minutes ago, BobWill said:

Interesting looking specimens. I probably would have picked them up for a closer look but I'll let you know if I would have tossed them back when we get  your new pictures :)

Do we know the age of these? A location, formation name or period might help too. Also please add something for scale or give us the dimensions.  If you don't know the name of the formation see if you can find it here. The maps are clickable so you can focus in.

http://www.twdb.texas.gov/groundwater/aquifer/GAT/

it would really be hard to say I am picking from gravel loads brought in for drive ways and campsites 

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Much better pictures!
I think, it might be a chert nodule with strange polygonal surface texture on one side.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Wondering if it is some kind of nodule with septarian fractures or something coral-like? Don't know enough of the fossils of that area to know if corals are even possible finds there. Anybody familiar with the local geology?

Cheers.

-Ken