Pleistocene potoroo jaw fragment. Any information known?

FrostbyteFossils

Hello guys. I recently bought this potoroo jaw fragment. It came from naracoorte with permission from the owners at the time . I was just wondering what age it would most likely roughly be and what did potoroos look like at the time. I believe it would be from the pleistocene period, correct? :)

Length of fossil is roughly 1.7cm

15381027898296547486430870725015.jpg

Yes it is most likely Pleistocene. They would've looked for the most part like modern Potoroos (well at least that size suggests they would've), in fact the jaw may belong to an extant species. Might be able to get a better ID if you take some more pics of the teeth (surface, all sides and with a ruler next to it) and send them to an expert. PM me for contact details if you'd like :) 

• I found this Informative 3

18 minutes ago, Foozil said:

Yes it is most likely Pleistocene. They would've looked for the most part like modern Potoroos (well at least that size suggests they would've), in fact the jaw may belong to an extant species. Might be able to get a better ID if you take some more pics of the teeth (surface, all sides and with a ruler next to it) and send them to an expert. PM me for contact details if you'd like :) 

Thank you ;) I shall do so tonight.

• I found this Informative 1