Finding Hundreds of Shark Teeth in a Swampy Creek!

WILDKYLE

Hey folks!

@Cris and myself grabbed the canoe recently and set out on yet another exciting fossil hunting voyage! We went to a slightly flooded, very remote creek in the middle of the swamp. Confidence in finding tons of fossils were not high, but to our surprise we were rewarded with literally hundreds of sharks teeth! Nothing of major size, but the sheer number of fossils was just as exciting for us. Can't wait to go back!

We were also able to collect some micro matrix which is loaded with tiny shark teeth and other fossils. I'll definitely be posting stuff from that when I look through what I collected!

Fossil hunting from dawn til' dusk!

Man, the amount of fossils heavy rain exposes! (It hasn't rained in my place since two years)

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

2 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

Man, the amount of fossils heavy rain exposes! (It hasn't rained in my place since two years)

Yes! Even though heavy rain prevents accessing certain sites while they're high, I always welcome it because I know when waters recede there will be some new stuff eroded out!

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Nice video, thanks for sharing the adventure!

Nice finds.

Thanks for checking it out! Definitely was a fun day.

6 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

Welcome to Southern California! 

I live here in central Calif. in the rain shadow of mountains, so don't see much of that wet stuff at all. :(

Not that heavy rains would expose any fossils here anyway. In fact, most of the exposures around here are only accessible during extreme draught conditions

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

5 hours ago, Trevor said:

Awesome video! Looks like you guys had fun.

We always have fun when out fossiling!

21 minutes ago, addicted2fossils said:

We always have fun when out fossiling!

And we always have fun watching you two have fun!

I am sure I speak for the rest of us in that we wish we were there with you...just to share in your joy of course, not to get fossils of our own! ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Archived