NAUfrogger

San Antonio Fossils

NAUfrogger

I would be willing to trade info with anyone in the San Antonio, TX area to give me some new areas to hunt. I am bored and longing for something new. Are there any loose crinoids to be found anywhere nearby? I have all the fossil books for TX and just am not finding what I am looking for - tired of the same old echinoids, clams, and oysters.

zerreissen

Bringing up an old post, but I know of a site in which I have found various salenia, gastropods, bivalves, echinoids, and a few crab claws here and there. I'd be more than willing to trade info and perhaps accompany a hunt.

vagabond1

i'm bring up this old post only because i'm always hunting, and always looking for new places to hunt. i have found many ammonites, oysters, clams, and snail shells on the deep west side

RyanNREMTP

Earlier this year there was a group of folks here on the boards that were from the Austin and San Antonio area that were working on forming a Hill Country Area Fossil group. They were looking for places to go hunt and I think they mentioned Bandera as one local. You might see if you can find that thread and bring it back to the fore front.