Tamiami Gastropod help needed

Plantguy

Hello gang, Looking for some help on what you might think these little guys are...they've been in the garage for years and recently been freed!

Spoil finds from Sarasota County, Florida. APAC spoils.. Plio-Pleistocene. 

I had cut this Strombus in half sometime ago to look at its internal chambering and recently decided to remove the contents. To my surprise there were all kinds of things in there and I've only photographed a small number of them as they are just too small. I am very curious about what the 4 guys are just to the right of the Strombus. I've not seen something like them before. The last 2 photos on the right show a more detailed look of just one of them. The last whorl form/ornamentation that differs from the uppers is throwing me..I thought maybe they were an immature shell maybe something like Scaphella and then thought maybe it could it be a Sincola

5bafc9e85d8d6_TamiamismallunknownAPAC.thumb.jpg.f29b1d49fb0f83070fb413145b8e19d9.jpg

I've got some other shells I'll be digging into as well as I'm still looking for some Ecphoras and echinoid parts and other oddities. I've got this other Strombus below that shows at least 4 other gastropod species within that shows more good promise. 

,5bafe9de6d36f_Strombusextraspanorama.thumb.jpg.9672a48235808830d645d2297055aeb0.jpg 

I have a Panope, a Spondylus and a maybe a Marvacrassatella? that I want to open also that I've had in the garage patiently waiting there for me to get around to. To get things really moving I need to finish mixing up some butvar/acetone to add to the shells exterior as some of them are pretty flaky..my swirling project to get that stuff to dissolve is trying my patience again. 

Thanks for the help/looking. Regards, Chris 

Thanks! 

Regards, Chris 

Hi Chris

The five shells to the immediate right of the Strombus as well as those in the inserts are all Strombina gunteri Mansfield, 1930 which can be quite variable.  Next is Stombinophos floridanus (Mansfield, 1930).  The last shell is a Turrid which are difficult to identify even with a good picture.  If you can get a better pic I will give it a shot.

Mike

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

Thanks you all for the comments and the help! Mike especially for the ID's! I'm gonna hold off on the turrid ID attempt until I can get a better small specimen photography setup. I've got a bunch of little stuff that is making me crazy that I cant photograph clearly. I sometimes almost dont want to start digging inside the dang things cause I'll want to know what they are and cant get a pic . 

@Innocentx, @Monica, @MikeR

Regards, Chris 

Archived