Sculpture Venture

Bobby Rico

Ankylosaur?

Looking pretty good, there,  Bobby.  :dinothumb:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

No I decided to make a creature and just seeing if anyone can guess but it my first go at 3D work. So probably not a good idea. Not stegosaurus or a Doren.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

No I decided to make a creature and just seeing if anyone can guess but it my first go at 3D work. So probably not a good idea. Not stegosaurus or a Doren.

Uh yea, that's the ticket. It seems to be coming along nicely, whatever it may be.:D

You forgot Tim's guess. - Ankylosaurus?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thanks @ynot , @Walt and @Fossildude19 sorry Tim it is not an Ankylosaur.? It is successful in the terms of how much I learned. I don’t know if it will look like the creature when it is finished.. 

Clearly an albino hadrosaur.

Edit: Sorry I did not see MiseriKing's response just above. Certainly, he had already correctly identified the nascent creature.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

10 hours ago, caldigger said:

Any progress update s?

I am struggling with the level of concentration needed but I will have a go to today and Saturday Thanks for asking

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 5:26 PM, Bobby Rico said:

an obscure creature from the ancient past,

On 10/4/2018 at 12:15 PM, Bobby Rico said:

Not a Doren.

Are you sure? Because those two things sound like they go hand in hand! :P

Did you ever complete this sculptural endeavour?

Hi mate I stopped making it because the pain I was in really made it hard to focus. I will finish it over Christmas now I am better. I got a few projects now for the holidays and my Lot D in the end of year auction is sold I have to get printing.  Mrs R and I also do a homemade present and I have make that from scratch . Very artistic time coming up then.

Great to hear you are feeling better...sorry you are so busy for your holiday, no time to relax.