Hillside trek

caldigger

Awesome find Doren, it looks nice on the matrix :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Those are mighty good! Love the color and being in matrix. You are gonna have to up your # of trips there.

Continued success!

Regards, Chris 

Well when attempting to do more clean up around the tooth the matrix crumbled apart.

20181006_193543.jpg

20181006_193517.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 07/10/2018 at 3:39 AM, caldigger said:

Well when attempting to do more clean up around the tooth the matrix crumbled apart.

20181006_193543.jpg

Looks fantastic cleaned up. 

Nice,

How suprised were you when that piece of matrix fell out! Most people dont know what its like to be searching for a Meg for years and then actually have one pop out of the hill. FYI my fiest one was broken like that, the whole one can shortly after. I would keep digging in that area they seem to come in groups!

Jesse

18 hours ago, JBMugu said:

Nice,

How suprised were you when that piece of matrix fell out! Most people dont know what its like to be searching for a Meg for years and then actually have one pop out of the hill. FYI my fiest one was broken like that, the whole one can shortly after. I would keep digging in that area they seem to come in groups!

Jesse

As I was leaving that day two guys came up and talked to me for a bit asking questions about it and all.  I went back the next weekend and there were the same two guys in my hole and they found a smaller, but more complete one just 20 minutes earlier...in MY hole!!! :angry:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 10/1/2018 at 9:57 PM, caldigger said:

OK Buckaroo,  Here ya go!

20181001_195124.jpg

Nice cleanup love the metrics look as well congratulations on your rare find out there.

keep digging!!!

It may not be complete, but it gives you something to shoot for,,,,,,, that whole one.  and dont feel bad.  Only 5 years is not long at all.  Im still looking for that perfect crab and ive been looking for 27 years.   Next year will be,    'The Summer of Caldigger'.   Yeah, thats the ticket.  The best of luck to you my freind.

RB

4 hours ago, caldigger said:

As I was leaving that day two guys came up and talked to me for a bit asking questions about it and all.  I went back the next weekend and there were the same two guys in my hole and they found a smaller, but more complete one just 20 minutes earlier...in MY hole!!! :angry:

That sucks and goes against all digging etiquette.  I would always collapse the overburden into the hole if I found a good one. At least make the people work for it if they want to claim jump you spot.

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Im still looking for that perfect crab and ive been looking for 27 years.

I can honestly speak for pretty much everybody on here that your not so perfect crabs are quite good enough for us. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

46 minutes ago, JBMugu said:

That sucks and goes against all digging etiquette.  I would always collapse the overburden into the hole if I found a good one. At least make the people work for it if they want to claim jump you spot.

Well, its not like I can claim a pit. They got there before me and all fair when it's first come, first dig. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG