Worm like fossils, crinoids?

Tyler Matters

I found what look like worm fossils among a bunch of crinoid fossils and a few shells. Could you explain what these are? They seem much larger than the crinoid fossils. Seems like one end of the worm and the other end. I found smaller ones of one end, like knob ends.

IMG_20181002_102816.jpg

IMG_20160624_185909296_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160724_163829.jpg

Edited by Tyler Matters

Do these have a location? This is very important to establish geologic context. Also, providing something to indicate size, such as a ruler or tape measure, is very much recommended. Taking pictures without the clutter also helps keep things focused.

From what little can be known from an image alone, these resemble very weathered pieces of orthocone nautiloid (at least the pieces showing banding). 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I'm not sure where the rocks came from that I was looking through, I'm sure they were moved there. A great majority of them are crinoid fossils. They are probably a couple inches thick. I can't get an exact measurement, because they are buried in a bucket of rocks somewhere else right now.

I think you may have called it. I can find pictures very similar like this one. I found this picture online. I can't find any like the knobs though.

Orthocone-nautiloid.jpg

I have some I collected from the Verulam Fm (Ordovician) that look fairly identical to yours. The knob-like appearance is the effect of erosional forces after it has been exposed from the strata for some while.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer