Would anyone want my sad crab?

DeeMoji

* I don’t want to trade, I’d like Just give him away *

He’s pretty badly broken, but still really cool.

one of you could save him? Anyone up for it? 

2BB75C28-4587-415F-8F10-3C7588616D44.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

Yes, please.

Awesome! I’m glad someone will save him :wub:

I should have mentioned I did try to glue a few bits and realize I’m no good at glueing so I stopped. 

Message me your address and I’ll post it as soon as I can. 

Oh! When I say As soon as I can though, I mean some time this week I’ll get off my lazy butt and go to the post.

I’m a little lackadaisical about getting out of the house. 

8 minutes ago, DeeMoji said:

Should I delete this post now that he’s claimed? 

I don't think that is necessary.

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

13 minutes ago, DeeMoji said:

Should I delete this post now that he’s claimed? 

I do not think we ever delete posts ,  I have some that go back to 2009, when I first joined TFF. I love the historical record, and frequently go back to recall the finds.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

11 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

I do not think we ever delete posts ,  I have some that go back to 2009, when I first joined TFF. I love the historical record, and frequently go back to recall the finds.

Ok great! thanks @Shellseeker I wasn’t sure if it should stay being that it’s claimed. I didn’t want others to see it and think “me please” when he’s already spoken for. I’d hate to disappoint someone. 

13 minutes ago, LiamL said:

Hopefully who ever gets your crab will do a good job with it :)

I hope so too! I’m sure he will. :) I wouldn’t, but that’s why I thought I’d pass it on. I hate him sitting in pieces wrapped in paper towel in the cabinet lol 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:23 AM, DeeMoji said:

I hate him sitting in pieces wrapped in paper towel in the cabinet

Ummmm you do know he is rock, right? :default_rofl:

Just now, Walt said:

Ummmm you do know he is rock, right? :rofl:

Yep! But it’s been preserved for so long in good condition outside, until my silly broke him on the drive home in a bucket of other rocks. I feel guilty, I know... I’m a weirdo But, Also, someone who doesn’t have one does now so I think it’s good. :) 

2 minutes ago, DeeMoji said:

I feel guilty, I know... I’m a weirdo

You're not a weirdo :)  You are a very caring person who is a good steward of the fossils she finds.  We could use more of those! 

22 hours ago, DeeMoji said:

Yep! But it’s been preserved for so long in good condition outside, until my silly broke him on the drive home in a bucket of other rocks. I feel guilty, I know... 

Don't feel guilty, it seems some of these concretions are weathered and is just a matter of time till they fall apart, so you're actually doing a good job saving them.

And if you will ever feel the need to get some preped or trade/sell some, please put me on the list. I have a feeling there should be plenty more of these Zanthopsis concretions in the area where you are finding them. ;)

Also, maybe for the fragile ones is a good idea to wrap them in a newspaper when you find them, before you put them into your bag.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, aeon.rocks said:

Also, maybe for the fragile ones is a good idea to wrap them in a newspaper when you find them, before you put them into your bag.

After this incident I had planned to bring something better to put them in, thank you for the suggestion. I’ll be sure and bring paper to wrap them. We were just putting them into a 5gal bucket. :DOH:

5 minutes ago, aeon.rocks said:

I have a feeling there should be plenty more of these Zanthopsis concretions in the area where you are finding them. ;)

They’re from whisky Bridge :) 

Bubble wrap & :fingerscrossed:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

@DeeMoji, seems a promissing site! Most common of these crabs imho would be Harpactocarcinus  americanus (Neozanthopsis a.) from the Crockett Fm and Zanthopsis peytoni from Weches Fm...:

From the abstract: "Harpactocarcinus americanus was used by Renick and Stenzel in 1931 for zonation in the Crockett FM of Brazos County, Tx, where hundreds of specimens occur." 

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1298225?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents 

https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/2420033.pdf?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://books.google.si/books?id=W-Gaf7EDYckC&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=fossil+texas+zanthopsis&source=bl&ots=AvEzgRB8JL&sig=I1Ny3NtyR8WBChCEtLhce6l7GoQ&hl=sl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjDrLLT0O7dAhUqPewKHVyJC5kQ6AEwEXoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=fossil texas zanthopsis&f=false

On 10/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, DeeMoji said:

Ok great! thanks @Shellseeker I wasn’t sure if it should stay being that it’s claimed. I didn’t want others to see it and think “me please” when he’s already spoken for. I’d hate to disappoint someone. 

me please...

Oh, darn, way too late.  

Someone suggested wrapping in newspaper, but for concretions that have broken I find putting thmback together in the field and then wrapping in aluminum foil is better.  Al foil holds the shape better.  

4 hours ago, jpc said:

me please...

Oh, darn, way too late.  

Someone suggested wrapping in newspaper, but for concretions that have broken I find putting thmback together in the field and then wrapping in aluminum foil is better.  Al foil holds the shape better.  

Lol! I just didn’t want to disappoint anyone. 

Thanks for the foil tip! I’ll be sure and put some I’m my bag :) 

Archived