Richard’s Spur Oklahoma

Bobby Rico

Hi @Walt I don’t know if you view my thread but there is some really interesting posts been added to it by other members . I thought you may like. :dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi @Walt I don’t know if you view my thread but there is some really interesting posts been added to it by other members . I thought you may like. :dinothumb:

Thank you, Bobby!  It was on my short list of reading for tonight :)

I am definitely interested as that is only a few hours from me!

Thanks for thinking of me!

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

Beautiful collection, Bobby.

How did you prep them?

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

Beautiful collection, Bobby.

How did you prep them?

I have not prepared them you just soak the matrix in hot water and then let them dry. I think they could be prepared more and that is a question I may post . Thanks Walt it was lots of fun finding them  tiny bones. :) 

It is a wonderful tiny world.  I understand you bought the mix?  From Richard's spur?

Just now, Walt said:

It is a wonderful tiny world.  I understand you bought the mix?  From Richard's spur?

No from our favourite auction site. :) Richard’s Spur is the old name of the quarry. Oklahoma has some cool hunting spots. 

4 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

@Bobby Rico

image.jpeg

can you tell me what this is called and where I can get one? Would be very useful! I am talking about the magnifying glass thing on the stand

Sorry My freind I found it in a dumpster years ago, why would you throw out an fantastic tool like this. I will google a few things and get back to you.  

Sorry I can’t find anything like it . looking at it their is no plastic on it at all. So it is probably 50+ years old, I have had it 20 years. I just like the old vintage look of it. You probably be better with something like this. Can get a light on them too.

DBF05C21-F18C-4E61-99E0-557C0CBEA13C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

Thanks! What would I search for on google @Bobby Rico ?

I just done a search for mine but I can’t find anything but for the new one I added a picture of I looked up”magnifying glass anglepoise or bench magnifier”. I hope that helps.

Sorry if I am repeating myself but I finished of my micro matrix and for my own record, I would like to show all the best my finds. A more complete collection. Sorry some of the bone are not quite in the picture but it had to move about with out pinging them onto the carpet.

Sorry 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I finished of my micro matrix and for my own record

The problem with such quality close ups is that now we are all going to be on you to clean the individual grains of sand out of the pores..... :D

On 11/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, Walt said:

The problem with such quality close ups is that now we are all going to be on you to clean the individual grains of sand out of the pores..... :D

That would be difficult,  I actually knocked a little plastic gem pots over and onto the carpet. I could just leave them 290 million years old to be vacuumed up that would be incredible sad. So 20mins later and sore knees  I di

found them all.  :)

Now a little insight to why I like the  Permian so much. When I was a little lad one birthday my sister gave me this book. I loved the art work as a kid even today I think it is beautiful.   I have seen quite a bit of Zdenek Burian fantastic art work in the Czech Republic’s  Prague. The art work of some of the dinosaur is of a time and misguided to modern standards but I still find it very beguiling. 

1. Discosauriscus pulcherrimus

2.Chelyderpeton germanicus

3.Diadectes phaseolinus

4. Seymouria baylorensis

5.Edaphosaurus pogonias

6. Dimetrodon incisivus

7.Varanosaurus acutirostris

97020152-8B38-46CE-89A4-971F8561E00F.jpeg

4B0066AB-0CE6-4786-9D79-4558887C8ABB.jpeg

1E15A92D-F58D-4EDE-A3D2-33735739269A.jpeg

103A27B7-3AC8-45B3-8984-BBD0C34BF23D.jpeg

A3227CB7-E969-435F-8E32-87DFF75A112E.jpeg

9A8EF03E-5031-41B5-8125-72B54A8943CD.jpeg

EE15773B-544F-42A9-9553-F0B9FF5CC49F.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Thank you so much to @Bobby Rico@Uncle Siphuncle  @jpc et al. for this incredibly fascinating, beautiful and moving thread. 

I can contribute but a little as to how the generosity and kindness of Fossil Forum members continues forever as i have been gifted with a selection of micro matrix from this locality by the ever thoughtful Bobby Rico with the aid of his most wonderful wife; Mrs R. A birthday present for me , despite the fact that Bobby was pretty poorly at the time. 

Bless you Bobby. And all the rest who share their experiences and finds with museums, fellow collectors and the Forum.

20181012_152432-1-1.thumb.jpg.66e20ee2af87be69b8241db075dcac3d.jpg

Excuse the Marmite. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

@Tidgy's Dad you are more than welcome. I think the little bones are  really cool. So happy you liked them. This thread definitely helped keep my mind attractive and aided me in my recovery . I also found it moving and nostalgic .  

• 4 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but we just acquired this awesome Captorhinus specimen that I thought I'd share.  I don't know as much about this as I'd like, but my wife and I fell in love with this fossil the minute we saw it, so we're just now learning more about it.  I assume this probably started off as a bag of randomly found bones that were put together to form this specimen, but does anyone know if the bones from single animals were ever found together such that they could create this from a single (or mostly single) animal?

captorhinus.jpg

• Enjoyed 3

@bgreenstone that’s pretty lovely. Personally in the U.K. only really seen the composite hands or feet in the Perspex boxes . I don’t mind composites myself.

Thank you for adding this lovely fossil to my thread.

I really don't have the knowledge to answer your question. 

@dinodigger has help me out in the past, maybe he can answer your question. 

cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico