So this is at Texas Tarrant County near a large pond. Not sure if the tooth is crocodile, fish, marine dinosaur or small mammel. The rock with circles on it I'm guessing is an imprint of a shell. And the other one I think is bone in Rock not sure if it's like a tooth if so I guess bovine or triceratops but I'm not sure if it's a recent bone or a bone from the dinosaur era (or if it's a bone at all). Also a general question of how do you know if something is a modern bone or dinosaur bone, I found some level surface and you can see the face of the bone, the rest is in the ground and it's near a pond. If anyone has answers to these questions that will be great. Excuse my lack of knowledge in these areas I'm new and I've just started with no current knowledge in dinosaurs.

IMG_20181007_174051.jpg

from the gastropod I would guess Cretaceous in age (and the location) and the other might be a broken shark tooth

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Welcome to TFF!

None of Your pictures are in focus. It would help if You do not hold the items being photographed.

It also helps to know the size (please include a ruler for scale).

The first one may be a shark tooth. Second one is a cross section of a snail. Not sure about the last one, but it is not bone.

Better focused pictures may change this opinion.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived