2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Looks like she might have some tartar build up...time to see the the dentist.

:hearty-laugh:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 hour ago, VTinNorthAB said:

My secret Santa gift arrived on this chilly -20 day.  Just wanted to truly thank you for such a neat piece! It’s so greatly appreciated. My younger girl child decided to try it on for size.

Congrats on the cool jaw.  I think my youngest son would have to do the same thing with it. :D

• I found this Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Adam86cucv said:

Congrats on the cool jaw.  I think my youngest son would have to do the same thing with it. :D

My youngest is a rock and fossil hound and usually descends on packages like a hawk.  She finds all sorts of fun things to do with fossils.  She likes pretending the long gastropod fossils are “unicorn horns”.  The  spirifer brachiopods are mustaches, etc lol

• I found this Informative 6

Is that all? No more treats?:mellow:

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

1 hour ago, David in Japan said:

Is that all? No more treats?:mellow:

It appears some members are a bit too busy in their life to post the treasures they recieved. :shrug:

• I found this Informative 2

10 minutes ago, caldigger said:

It appears some members are a bit too busy in their life to post the treasures they recieved. :shrug:

I don't know if i should be sad because i am among the one who have ”not a very busy life” or because i am waiting for treasure that won't be reveal.:shrug:

Not really busy, finished daughter number 2's room. Let's wait a little bit more.:trilo:

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Yep. Very disappointing. 

6 hours ago, David in Japan said:

I don't know if i should be sad because i am among the one who have ”not a very busy life” or because i am waiting for treasure that won't be reveal.:shrug:

Not really busy, finished daughter number 2's room. Let's wait a little bit more.:trilo:

Has your new little one arrived yet??? 

2 hours ago, Monica said:

Has your new little one arrived yet??? 

Not yet. She is already 3 days late.:P

• I found this Informative 5

1 hour ago, David in Japan said:

Not yet. She is already 3 days late.:P

Time for the wife to go jogging.

• I found this Informative 4

36 minutes ago, caldigger said:

My second son was over a week late. My wife walked laps on our backyard for days, before the doctor finally induced. Good luck and health to you and your family David.

13 hours ago, caldigger said:

12 hours ago, Adam86cucv said:

My second son was over a week late. My wife walked laps on our backyard for days, before the doctor finally induced. Good luck and health to you and your family David.

Thank you for your advise guys.:dinothumb:

Doctor already planned the induce day on the 17th, just wait and see. 

But to be honest, it is only half a surprise as our first daughter's birth was also a week late. 

Anyway, i won't speak further about this matter on this thread, i don't want to be strike by the moderator. I will let you know later if you are interested.:crab:

My first son was 4 weeks soon and the second knocked at the door the day we waited for him.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On 29/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, Max-fossils said:

So many extraordinary gifts were given out this year! Wow!!! :faint:

I haven't been on the forum for a handful of days because I was busy spending Xmas with family and barely had any free time on the forum. In between Magic (the Gathering) games with my cousins, beach walks (including an incredible fossil hunt on the Banjaard beach; report coming soon!) and fancy dinners, kinda hard to access the forum :wacko: But I've missed you all, and I'm glad to be back after this short absence. Anyways, a bit late, but I wish everyone had an as fun Xmas as I did, and will continue all the fun all the way to 2019 and beyond!

Time to show you guys what I got from my Secret Santa:

IMG_2065.thumb.JPG.53f28cd1b0a5a45c440967cbb9ad3d4d.JPG

Unfortunately, no info was given with the fossils... Nonetheless, the fossils are great. I especially like the goniatite (it is a goniatite, right?), it's only my second and definitely my favorite in my collection right now! The plant fossil is awesome too, my collection is really lacking in the floral aspect so this is an appreciated boost to it. :) 

Thanks a lot to my Secret Santa, and to Doren for organizing this super fun event! I'm already impatient for next year...

Late Merry Xmas and happy New Year to everyone on my favorite forum!!! :yay-smiley-1:

Max

Hi max sorry for not sending it with information and I would have sent more but those are the best things I have found before:doh!: I’m sure you already know what they are but they come from Dorset, Lyme Regis other than the ammonite pair which I bought it is a goniatite, fern and as we know them in England,  a devils toenail or gryphea oysters :)

I'm starting to get a little better with my back, leg and shoulder pains. I will try to make the pictures tomorrow !

Coco

• I found this Informative 3

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

57 minutes ago, Coco said:

get a little better with my back, leg and shoulder pains

Glad to hear that. After my back surgery, I am doing fine. Hope you will be fine SOON. Tom

7 hours ago, Coco said:

I'm starting to get a little better with my back, leg and shoulder pains. I will try to make the pictures tomorrow !

Coco

Glad to hear it too, have a quick recover, because i think we should go hunting shark teeth together the sooner, the better.:meg:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Hi,

As promised, here are the photos of the gifts of my father Christmas secret ! Various things !

Fern, solitary rugose coral, spirifers, trilobite, brachiopods, orthoconic nautiloids, bivalvias, hash plate...

Oy4RQ.jpg

Different shells from Cookie Cutter Creek, FL / Several shells from FL but without more sure location indication : one of them has his origin brown/orange color !

xJYg4.jpg

Postcard from my Secret Santa(s)) !

yJYvV.jpg

Postcard and good pure soft maple sugar ! Miam !

Zx1Qr.jpg

All the parcel...

YxLK2.jpg

I haven't been quick to post my gifts, but I want to say a big thank you to Monica & Viola for their kindness. Happy new year 2019 to you, that it gives you a lot of happiness, a good health and a lot of fossils ! ;) :)

Coco

• I found this Informative 6

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Well it looks as if a certain French woman recieved a royal spoiling from here Santa.

Love the way the artwork depicts a fossil oriented Christmas crew delivering the goodies. ;)

Thank you for the post Coco, hope you feel better soon so you can get back to clowning around. :raindance:

11 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hi,

As promised, here are the photos of the gifts of my father Christmas secret ! Various things !

I haven't been quick to post my gifts, but I want to say a big thank you to Monica & Viola for their kindness. Happy new year 2019 to you, that it gives you a lot of happiness, a good health and a lot of fossils ! ;) :)

Coco

I had some equally wonderful Devonian specimens and others and best of all a piece of Christmas artwork by the same hand! 

Just goes to prove that Santa is real. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

13 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Thank you for the post Coco, hope you feel better soon so you can get back to clowning around. :raindance:

l014J.jpg

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

15 hours ago, fifbrindacier said:

Glad to hear it too, have a quick recover, because i think we should go hunting shark teeth together the sooner, the better.:meg:

And tertiary shells ! ;)

And sea urchins ! ! :)

And recent shells ! ! ! :hearty-laugh:

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Thank you for the pictures. It is a really awesome package you received. So much fossils in it and nice artwork!

Nice stuff Coco... lucky to have Monica and Viola as your Secret Santa(s)! Where are the ones at the top from? Various places, apparently. I'm especially drooling over the double orthocone and the fern(?)

Well here we are mid January and we still haven't seen Santa's surprises from 

@Wolf89 @Anomotodon @-AnThOnY- @mattbsharks @fossilized6s @DevonianDigger @joshuajbelanger @Sir.tommy.the.toad @Seaforth @Darko @will stevenson @AshHendrick @fossilhound 

CBOB and David in Japan still have yet to receive their packages.

Come on guys, let's not wait till next December to see what you got!