2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

59 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Can i do Morocco only? ;)

How much is shipping to your own address? :P

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I was going to ask a similar question! ;) 

I would be glad to send a Christmas package of Texas fossils to anyone in the US if you happen to come up short for someone. My house is running over with fossils & artifacts and I'm moving soon so I really don't need anything in return.   

1 hour ago, JarrodB said:

I would be glad to send a Christmas package of Texas fossils to anyone in the US if you happen to come up short for someone. My house is running over with fossils & artifacts and I'm moving soon so I really don't need anything in return.   

Can I send you MY address? :rofl:

OK Jarrod,  I will keep that in mind if we run into an odd number. Thanks!

On 10/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

I see a Secret Santa package held up in Customs in Morocco for 7 years, 3 months, 9 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes & 31 seconds... 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Can I send you MY address? :rofl:

OK Jarrod,  I will keep that in mind if we run into an odd number. Thanks!

Lol

14 hours ago, daves64 said:

I see a Secret Santa package held up in Customs in Morocco for 7 years, 3 months, 9 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes & 31 seconds... 

Consulting our crystal ball again are we Dave?  :zen:

Crystal ball? What crystal ball? That stuff doesn't work. Pay no attention to that round object under the cloth... it's just a bowling ball I was polishing... yeah.. that's it.. a bowling ball. 

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Consulting our crystal ball again are we Dave?  :zen:

:muahaha:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Look out, It's snolly Santa!

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

On 10/16/2018 at 5:11 AM, caldigger said:

20181016_051030.png

Hey Adam, I think I found you a partner! :D

Wow, that's blown up plenty large, isn't it?

I said similar question! (Canada instead of Morocco), but I wasn't really serious... It seems we're stuck between a rock and a hard place here in Canada, since we've not got a lot of members as potential Santas (and I've already made trades with a number of them) so we're severely limiting ourselves if we choose to ship within Canada only, and if most US and European members so the same, we're somewhat left out in the cold (so to speak) - our choices are quite limited even if we are willing to ship internationally. Maybe it won't be a problem in the end, but I think I'm seeing more 'US only' entries this year. I should have played last year when there was lots of int'l. Have a lot of people fallen on hard times since last year??

I can say that for me, I wouldn't say hard times, but my monthly expenses have gone up, while my paycheck has not. With 4 kids,  my money is spread thin. Shipping international is just to expensive when one is on a tight budget. I know I am not the only one. I do feel kind of bad because I wish money wasn't an issue.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

25 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I can say that for me, I wouldn't say hard times, but my monthly expenses have gone up, while my paycheck has not. With 4 kids,  my money is spread thin. Shipping international is just to expensive when one is on a tight budget. I know I am not the only one. I do feel kind of bad because I wish money wasn't an issue.

I know what you mean, I'm one of those people who never has much money, so I'm not criticizing anyone who is the same. Just don't know what it's going to mean for this year's Secret Santa.

(I would characterize "expenses going up and payckeck not" and tight budgets as hard times of a sort!)

We are doing good. I could use more US going international, but it is what it is. 

I do have some heading overseas so we will be seeing trading going on world wide. :dinothumb:

On 10/16/2018 at 5:42 AM, JarrodB said:

Are you coming to Ladonia on Saturday for Fossil Day? I bet there are plenty of people to could give them away to there.

Hope you’re not moving further away from the NSR. I enjoy your posts on the DPS FB Group.

55 minutes ago, DLB said:

Ok I Guess I wont go cheap and pick domestic  only So im in for the International. If that helps ;)

I will need you to PM me your name and address when you get time. Thanks!

I'm in. This will be my first. Hope to spread some cheer this Holiday season. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

On 10/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Am I too late !? .. I'm in I swear ! ..... Woo hoo.

giphy.gif

Now we know how they "ran" down their prey! :ighappy: