2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

I am really looking forward to this years Secret Santa . The nice thought I had is I will be sending a fossil forum family members an really nice gift that is going to be opened on their Christmas Day and became part of their cheer . The Christmas spirit I keep maybe felt  thousands of miles away, It makes me feel good just to think about it.:)

Still time to join in and it is looking to be a fantastic Secret Santa. So get your name down on @caldigger list of members who have been very good this year and join in on the fun. 

• I found this Informative 3

9 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Are you coming to Ladonia on Saturday for Fossil Day? I bet there are plenty of people to could give them away to there.

Hope you’re not moving further away from the NSR. I enjoy your posts on the DPS FB Group.

Unfortunately I"m offshore this year for it but I did just donate a flat rate box of mosasaur verts to the new Hillsboro museum. I'm staying in the Tyler area. I can't leave my hunting grounds lol. 

• I found this Informative 1

56 minutes ago, JarrodB said:

Unfortunately I"m offshore this year for it but I did just donate a flat rate box of mosasaur verts to the new Hillsboro museum. I'm staying in the Tyler area. I can't leave my hunting grounds lol. 

Good to hear.

Maybe you can convince them to move your rig closer to home so you don't have to be gone so long... And get more hunting done. ;)

14 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I know what you mean, I'm one of those people who never has much money, so I'm not criticizing anyone who is the same. Just don't know what it's going to mean for this year's Secret Santa.

(I would characterize "expenses going up and payckeck not" and tight budgets as hard times of a sort!)

I figure that as long as I am able to pay my bills on time and have a little cash to indulge my hobbies( fossils and fishing)I won't consider it "hard times". (Yet);)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I am in international under 1kg so expect quality over quantity however as I have been doing a bit of fossil hunting in england this year I want to give a mixed bag, also expect a PM next week sorry maybe I can get one sent out tonight after I have done everything I need to do.

Thanks Matt

9 minutes ago, Haravex said:

I am in international under 1kg so expect quality over quantity however as I have been doing a bit of fossil hunting in england this year I want to give a mixed bag, also expect a PM next week sorry maybe I can get one sent out tonight after I have done everything I need to do.

Thanks Matt

I will be definitely moving abroad soon then. :D

1 minute ago, MSirmon said:

Am I too late?

Cut-off for entry is November 4th, midnight PST.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

14 minutes ago, Haravex said:

quality over quantity

I have sort out my Secret Santa already and I am too going for quality over quality . Somebody is going to be very happy.

8 hours ago, caldigger said:

Good to hear.

Maybe you can convince them to move your rig closer to home so you don't have to be gone so long... And get more hunting done. ;)

I'll actually be way down in the Yucatan Mexico area for the next year or so.  :/

Hopefully next year I'll be able to do this. I've got a bunch of rocks & some Indonesian amber I'm hand sanding, but next to nothing in the way of fossils. Unless you count micro's, then I've got a few hundred.. :blink: But not worth $30.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

37 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Unless you count micro's,

I would love to see some photos if you have some available. :)

I also have prepared my Secret Santa, all the fossils it countains, i have found in the field. I'm sure it will make a fellow forumer happy.

That's the first time i participate.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Am I too late !? .. I'm in I swear ! ..... Woo hoo.

giphy.gif

:hearty-laugh::hearty-laugh:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

On 10/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, MSirmon said:

Am I too late?

You have already signed up. :shrug:

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

You have already signed up. :shrug:

Now Doren you have to remember that this is the same guy , who outbids himself!(  Sorry Mike I could'nt resist) :)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

1 hour ago, MSirmon said:

At this point I’ll probably send myself a secret Santa gift lol 

Im so jealous Mike, you always give yourself the best gifts! :P

7 hours ago, caldigger said:

Im so jealous Mike, you always give yourself the best gifts! :P

Make sure to get you something real special, you deserve it!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I’ll share your comments with wife so that she will better understand why the living room furniture will be replaced by a fully articulated triceratops. I’m sure she will understand..... :( 

Ceratops are actually very comfortable to sit on,  just try to avoid the horns! Whoopsidaisy!!!

• I found this Informative 2

11 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Now Doren you have to remember that this is the same guy , who outbids himself!(  Sorry Mike I could'nt resist) :)

11 hours ago, MSirmon said:

@caldigger and @Darktooth oh aren’t Dave and Doren so hilarious!’ ;) 

At this point I’ll probably send myself a secret Santa gift lol 

Are you expensive ?

In memory of Doren

5 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Are you expensive ?

Lol Very expensive and incredibly high maintenance BUT I have been very good this year .