2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

4 hours ago, Monica said:

Photo #1: The Secret Santa gifts that Viola and I have received - note that they're still unopened - we're working very hard at being patient and good, @caldigger :P

DSCN4409.thumb.JPG.7cf522dec0360c5263ab8326a2830515.JPG

I can finally sleep at night knowing there is still some good in the world! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Well all, I’m out.  Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas/holiday and a very happy new year.  All the best to everyone!

• I found this Informative 3

9 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

My inspiration

Brilliant Adam your Bryozoan is skilfully made your have to teach me someday. Great clip thanks mate :rofl:

one more picture from outside the American natural history museum 

6944EAA0-5F43-4C33-87F9-C20BCD37ACD2.jpeg

9 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

My inspiration :

Mr Bean, missed the boat. He should have been an oragami master instead of a comedian.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

I don’t know how to share links, but if you have not seen this new version of “Baby it’s Cold Outside “, you need to check it out, it my new favorite. Lol

7074878D-AD62-499C-BC7E-541ABB906EDC.thumb.jpeg.6d30bba055a9f4218de5bf92dbc0a20c.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

29 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

I don’t know how to share links, but if you have not seen this new version of “Baby it’s Cold Outside “, you need to check it out, it my new favorite. Lol

7074878D-AD62-499C-BC7E-541ABB906EDC.thumb.jpeg.6d30bba055a9f4218de5bf92dbc0a20c.jpeg

I just googled and listened to it. That guy is hilarious! However, I still prefer Dean Martin’s version of it. Lol ;) 

33 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

To share a link, just click on the little chain link thing at the top of the reply window & then paste the url into that.

ScreenHunter_270 Dec. 16 06.45.jpg

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

35 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Very funny version. 

Some radio stations this year banned this. 

Here's why :

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/baby-its-cold-outside-controversy-holiday-song-history-768183/

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

One of our participants is down in the dumps as the Grinch's at the US postal service claimed to have delivered his Santa gift. But alas no package was received.

Does anyone know the best way to get the post office off their collective butts do their jobs and find the package and deliver it to said recipient?

Worst case I will file a claim and send the new package.   My preference would be for the post office to find it and get it to our forum member before Christmas. 

Hopefully they just misdelivered it to a neighbor who will be kind enough to bring it to his house.

If anyone knows how to get the post office to find it let me know.

20 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

One of our participants is down in the dumps as the Grinch's at the US postal service claimed to have delivered his Santa gift. But alas no package was received.

Does anyone know the best way to get the post office off their collective butts do their jobs and find the package and deliver it to said recipient?

Worst case I will file a claim and send the new package.   My preference would be for the post office to find it and get it to our forum member before Christmas. 

Hopefully they just misdelivered it to a neighbor who will be kind enough to bring it to his house.

If anyone knows how to get the post office to find it let me know.

Oh, no! :( That's terrible.

Can't help, but good luck.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

28 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

I feel for you I sent out a dozen package World wide costing over £150 and only have had a handful  been delivered. This was 20days ago .It makes me sad indeed. :(

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

I feel for you I sent out a dozen package World wide costing over £150 and only have had a handful  been delivered. This was 20days a go .It makes me sad indeed. :(

:fingerscrossed: Bobby. 

There's still time. 

Things are always slower this time of year. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

7 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

:fingerscrossed: Bobby. 

There's still time. 

Things are always slower this time of year. :)

Some of the tracking say they are in airports and have not changed for 15 days. Not looking good but you never know I may get lucky.

I have had packages marked as delivered and they weren't. Everything goes in a locked mailbox. They tend to mysterious show up in a day or two, but yours showed it was delivered on the 4th which is a long time.

I really hope it gets found. :(

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

40 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

This happens in my neighborhood... I've always wondered if it's just us or is it a common thing all over.

I guess that wouldn't explain every such case but maybe it's possible. Of course, after that long a time, it would mean your neighbor who received it has decided to keep it!

Just now, Wrangellian said:

This happens in my neighborhood... I've always wondered if it's just us or is it a common thing all over.

I guess that wouldn't explain every such case but maybe it's possible.

But it's been almost two weeks, how long would one expect a neighbor to hold a package before they give it to you? :wacko:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

But it's been almost two weeks, how long would one expect a neighbor to hold a package before they give it to you? :wacko:

You replied before I edited my post, see above!

On 12/15/2018 at 9:18 AM, Bobby Rico said:

Probably one of the greatest guitarists of all time. A beautiful version. @KimTexanI think you may like this.

I like it. Thanks for sharing.

My tastes are very eclectic. No one has posted any country music, besides “Grandma Got Run-over By a Reindeer.” 

This one is kind of cute. I use to love George Strait music when I was in my 20s

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Some of the tracking say they are in airports and have not changed for 15 days. Not looking good but you never know I may get lucky.

Had the same issue few month ago when i send fossil to @Max-fossils.

It was stuck at the airport in nederland for almost 3 weeks. I was worried that they lost the package but it suddenly reappeared in max mail box.

I agree with Adam, right now everything take time. I have not received yet the package max send me a good month ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

1 hour ago, KimTexan said:

This one is kind of cute. I use to love George Strait music when I was in my 20s

Was he still playing when you were in your 20's?! ;)

I picked up a Lee Ann Womack Christmas CD last year. I think thats the only holiday album I have.

Ottmar Liebert's ( Flamenco guitarist) Christmas album is great for background music at a party.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Was he still playing when you were in your 20's?! ;)

I picked up a Lee Ann Womack Christmas CD last year. I think thats the only holiday album I have.

Ottmar Liebert's ( Flamenco guitarist) Christmas album is great for background music at a party.

Yes, George was still playing back then.

Are you into country music? You don’t necessarily strike me as one, but then again I have no clue what type of music you listen to.

I don't stick to any one genre of music. My tastes differ according to my mood. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I don't stick to any one genre of music. My tastes differ according to my mood. 

Me too but it has to be a bit different or avant- garde to hold my interest for a long time .  Jazz and alternative rock probably  my favourites . :)