2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

The camel must have been sick and they resorted to using an actual delivery truck. :rofl:

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

My parcel arrived today! :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Eight days for International postage to Morocco is pretty good going. 

Itchy fingers. 

Will wait til Crimbo to open if I can bear it.

Thanks, Santa! :D

Thats brilliant mate. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Got my SS package today and it looks fine . I don’t realy know who is my Santa this year but thank you so very much, can’t wait to Christmas. I was tempted to do a Palmashell on it :) but as it was my stupid idea to wait I will wait and do a maxfossil and be patient, cheers Bobby 

• I found this Informative 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I was tempted to do a Palmashell on it :) 

Poor guy, now he has a term named after him. :(

I'll bet he just can't wait for someone to pull a "Rico"!  :rofl:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

Poor guy, now he has a term named after him. :(

I'll bet he just can't wait for someone to pull a "Rico"!  :rofl:

To pull a “Rico” is to make a suggestion, that you really live to regret saying. Sorry Palmashell no offence meant in fact I think you had a good idea now. I am like a kid :dinothumb:

8 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

To pull a “Rico” is to make a suggestion, that you really live to regret saying. 

So.. "Dude! Hold my beer!" is basically pulling a Rico.. :rofl:

• I found this Informative 7

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I think it is the premise of an awesome game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Hi,

I have received my parcel 2 days ago, but mine isn't on the way yet. I will do that next week ! ;)

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Finally sending mine out today!

Note: whoever gets it, its double wrapped so you can take the packing paper off as you patiently wait for Christmas ;):P  

Now lets pay attention to the rules folks. Doren didn't say that we had to wait till Christmas to open it. He only asked that we didn't reveal the contents till then.;)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Dave, waiting was a consensus of most of the members. I gather you have already opened yours with that comment. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

56 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Now lets pay attention to the rules folks. Doren didn't say that we had to wait till Christmas to open it. He only asked that we didn't reveal the contents till then.;)

I thought it was nice idea, that it doesn't matter where we all are on Christmas Day we would open it together as it would be. But it is definitely a hard task not to open it . I have got thought today so far but it is like cold turkey.:rofl:

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Dave, waiting was a consensus of most of the members. I gather you have already opened yours with that comment. ;)

I haven't recieved mine yet. And if I did I wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing!B) I was only pointing out your wishes.;)

On 11/5/2018 at 3:11 AM, caldigger said:

The list is made!  59 fossil hungry players.

20181025_164717.png

Just a few reminder hints to make transitions smoother.

* Please, please pack items thoroughly ( lots of cushioning!)

* For international packages, try to get posted within this next week for a timely delivery.

* Try to label items the best you can with as much information on them as you have.

* This year we are trying to have everybody hold off till Christmas to open the packages ( or at least don't post your pictures till then!  I know some of you won't wait...you know who you are! )

* This is a Secret Santa event, so don't be giving hints as to what you are sending and don't let on as to who you are sending your package to.

*Most of all be happy, Santa is on the way!!!!

***If you have any questions as to rules, please read the opening post for this thread.

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT IS MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN!!!!!

Ok as a re-read this post and your initial post I see that you really didn't want members to open till Christmas. Sorry, I guess that's what happens when you try to be a wise-guy.:blush:

I have a feeling my recipient won't see his package until after Xmas anyway... I checked the tracking and the 'surface' service overseas takes 2-3 months. At least I packed and shipped it off relatively early!

24 minutes ago, Wrangellian said:

I have a feeling my recipient won't see his package until after Xmas anyway... I checked the tracking and the 'surface' service overseas takes 2-3 months. At least I packed and shipped it off relatively early!

Yeah, and it may have gotten a bit worse :(https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-strike-1.4909208

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Eric, do you think that has something to do with the strike?

I have sent your recipient a package before and it was only a few weeks. :shrug:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I have sent your recipient a package before and it was only a few weeks. :shrug:

I don't know if that quoted time is because of the strike or just their normal (if pessimistic) estimate. Maybe they give the worst possible estimate so that they'll look like miracle workers when it only takes a few weeks! If it were the other way around, there'd be hell to pay to us customers, or we'd quit using the PO.

So far, tracking hasn't even made it to 'In Transit'. So far it's only 'Accepted'. Should I assume that means it's still in Canada and therefore stuck here until the strike is over? I think so..

When sending surface, they generally wait to fill a container ( when it has to cross a sea) to send the package . It can take a lot of time to depending of the country of destination. 

From time to time when the destination is not really popular, they group the package with other package of the same area. for example if you're sending something to Indonesia, the package might go to Japan, then hong-kong, Singapore and at last arrive to a port in the country of destination. One to two month is not pessimistic at all.

Concerning the strike, I think that the the PO strike will not really affect it contrary to a docker or a railway strike.

Just wait and see. 

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

2 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I don't know if that quoted time is because of the strike or just their normal (if pessimistic) estimate. Maybe they give the worst possible estimate so that they'll look like miracle workers when it only takes a few weeks! If it were the other way around, there'd be hell to pay to us customers, or we'd quit using the PO.

So far, tracking hasn't even made it to 'In Transit'. So far it's only 'Accepted'. Should I assume that means it's still in Canada and therefore stuck here until the strike is over? I think so..

6 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

Concerning the strike, I think that the the PO strike will not really affect it contrary to a docker or a railway strike.

I hope you're right! But it has to go thru PO channels before it gets to the container, does it not?

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Yeah, and it may have gotten a bit worse :(https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-strike-1.4909208

@WrangellianAccording to the article, the strike does not concern parcel leaving Canada but concerns all mail going to Canada. Very bad news for our Canadian friends who won't receive their gifts before Bazinga festa.

Great, now you've got me worried more about my own package than the one I sent!

Oh well, it is what it is.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, Wrangellian said:

Great, now you've got me worried more about my own package than the one I sent!

Oh well, it is what it is.

@Wrangellian, Are you visiting your relatives in the US over the holidays? If so, maybe change the shipping address for your gift to "Grandma's House". This way you can still partake in the Xmas fun in a timely way. Just let Caldigger know if that is a possibility, as I had done before when I shipped to you.

Happy Holidays,

Mike