2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

Hi,

4 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Where are the ones at the top from?

Fern : Chaleur Bay - NB - Canada

Hash plates, solitary rugose corail, spirifer and little things in little bag : South Pit of Hungry Hollo - Arkona, ON, Canada

Brachiopods and trilobites : Penn Dixit Park - Hamburg - NY - USA

Other trilobit : East Kootenay Mountains - Cranbrook - BC - Canada

Orthocon and bivalvia : Etobicoke Creek - Mississauga - ON - Canada

Coco

• I found this Informative 2

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Well here we are mid January and we still haven't seen Santa's surprises from 

@Wolf89 @Anomotodon @-AnThOnY- @mattbsharks @fossilized6s @DevonianDigger @joshuajbelanger @Sir.tommy.the.toad @Seaforth @Darko @will stevenson @AshHendrick @fossilhound 

CBOB and David in Japan still have yet to receive their packages.

Come on guys, let's not wait till next December to see what you got!

I was SS partner to   @AshHendrick ,so the package arrived as well.I will post it soon..

3 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Fern : Chaleur Bay - NB - Canada

Hash plates, solitary rugose corail, spirifer and little things in little bag : South Pit of Hungry Hollo - Arkona, ON, Canada

Brachiopods and trilobites : Penn Dixit Park - Hamburg - NY - USA

Other trilobit : East Kootenay Mountains - Cranbrook - BC - Canada

Orthocon and bivalvia : Etobicoke Creek - Mississauga - ON - Canada

Coco

Ah, good. I've got a nice orthocone plate from that general area so I don't have to worry about that one, but the fern from Chaleur Bay is special!

• I found this Informative 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, will stevenson said:

Hi max sorry for not sending it with information and I would have sent more but those are the best things I have found before:doh!: I’m sure you already know what they are but they come from Dorset, Lyme Regis other than the ammonite pair which I bought it is a goniatite, fern and as we know them in England,  a devils toenail or gryphea oysters :)

Thanks again Will :) 

From what I understand, the devil's toenail is from Lyme Regis? The ammonite pair looks Madagascan to me, so I guess that's where it's from.

Would you happen to know where the goinatite and fern come from?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

14 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Thanks again Will :) 

From what I understand, the devil's toenail is from Lyme Regis? The ammonite pair looks Madagascan to me, so I guess that's where it's from.

Would you happen to know where the goinatite and fern come from?

Yes I found them all in Lyme Regis apart from the Madagascan ammonites :)

19 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

Yes I found them all in Lyme Regis apart from the Madagascan ammonites :)

Technically you could have picked up the ammonites from Madagascar at a shop in Lyme Regis. :P

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

50 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Technically you could have picked up the ammonites from Madagascar at a shop in Lyme Regis. :P

There you go.. getting all technical again. But.. did he "pick them up" or actually PAY for them? Assuming of course, they were actually at a shop in Lyme Regis. Then again, he COULD have just picked them up in Madagascar... or gotten them somewhere else entirely. I mean there IS an auction site where you can buy almost anything and at LEAST 1/1000th of it is genuine. :D

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

55 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Well I guess:ighappy:

5 minutes ago, daves64 said:

There you go.. getting all technical again. But.. did he "pick them up" or actually PAY for them? Assuming of course, they were actually at a shop in Lyme Regis. Then again, he COULD have just picked them up in Madagascar... or gotten them somewhere else entirely. I mean there IS an auction site where you can buy almost anything and at LEAST 1/1000th of it is genuine. :D

I don’t know but I may have picked them up at a shop near lime Regis but I have in the past had several pairs so I don’t know quite which shop they came from:D 

@will stevenson as in from shops in Lyme Regis, or the actual Lyme Regis beach? I've never heard of a goniatite or a fern coming from the Blue Lias :headscratch:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Wow, the kids must have behaved this year. Great packages you two! And a great big Thank You to their Santas for bestowing such great treasures upon them. :dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 hours ago, will stevenson said:

More...

Indeed, more! 

What an incredibly great Secret Santa you had! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

33 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

WOW! 

Again.

Some of those specimens are superb! 

Great Secret Santa! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

WOW! 

Again.

Some of those specimens are superb! 

Great Secret Santa! :)

Yes I had an incredibly generous secret santa

28 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

Yes I had an incredibly generous secret santa

You can say he's a right swell prepper with a pepper. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

@will stevenson as in from shops in Lyme Regis, or the actual Lyme Regis beach? I've never heard of a goniatite or a fern coming from the Blue Lias :headscratch:

Maybe not Lime Regis I collected them a long time ago so maybe I am wrong:)

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, Coco said:

Hi,

As promised, here are the photos of the gifts of my father Christmas secret ! Various things !

Fern, solitary rugose coral, spirifers, trilobite, brachiopods, orthoconic nautiloids, bivalvias, hash plate...

Oy4RQ.jpg

Different shells from Cookie Cutter Creek, FL / Several shells from FL but without more sure location indication : one of them has his origin brown/orange color !

xJYg4.jpg

Postcard from my Secret Santa(s)) !

yJYvV.jpg

Postcard and good pure soft maple sugar ! Miam !

Zx1Qr.jpg

All the parcel...

YxLK2.jpg

I haven't been quick to post my gifts, but I want to say a big thank you to Monica & Viola for their kindness. Happy new year 2019 to you, that it gives you a lot of happiness, a good health and a lot of fossils ! ;) :)

Coco

I particularly love Viola's art work, ammonite reindeers, santa trilobite and nautilid elves.:D

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:25 AM, Coco said:

And tertiary shells ! ;)

And sea urchins ! ! :)

And recent shells ! ! ! :hearty-laugh:

Coco

And sponges ! And vertebrae ! Y lo que sea.:dinothumb:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On 12/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, joshuajbelanger said:

Hold out hope

people!  The package that was missing since the 4th, was just delivered!  Wow, I honestly thought that one was a goner!  I’ll have to open and post pics of it after the new year, as I will be out of country until the first.  Happy Christmas, happy new year, and Happy hunting everyone.

thanks for everything @Fossil Claw And @caldigger

so I just got an email from the postal service. I had put a trace on this package back on December 16th. They finally are starting the investigation and want to inform me that they have not yet found the package :-)

please be assured that every effort is being made to find and recover the package.

You can't make this stuff up!?!????

And it's one of those no reply email addresses I can't even tell them that the package finally arrived nearly 20 days after they said it was delivered.