2018 Secret Santa Spectacular!!!

caldigger

The list is made!  59 fossil hungry players.

20181025_164717.png

Just a few reminder hints to make transitions smoother.

* Please, please pack items thoroughly ( lots of cushioning!)

* For international packages, try to get posted within this next week for a timely delivery.

* Try to label items the best you can with as much information on them as you have.

* This year we are trying to have everybody hold off till Christmas to open the packages ( or at least don't post your pictures till then!  I know some of you won't wait...you know who you are! )

* This is a Secret Santa event, so don't be giving hints as to what you are sending and don't let on as to who you are sending your package to.

*Most of all be happy, Santa is on the way!!!!

***If you have any questions as to rules, please read the opening post for this thread.

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT IS MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN!!!!!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

And if I had anything worth sending to someone, it would have been an equal number. *sigh*

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

12 minutes ago, daves64 said:

And if I had anything worth sending to someone, it would have been an equal number. *sigh*

Cold hard cash works for me. :rofl:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

24 minutes ago, caldigger said:

The list is made!  59 fossil hungry players.

20181025_164717.png

I am with Dave64 I think you need step in and because number 60, Put your opposable thumb to good use and wrap some  goodies up . :)

1 hour ago, daves64 said:

Even numbers are so much better than odd numbers!!!  I especially dislike large odd numbers (unless they contain a pattern, e.g., if they are a palindrome), and large prime numbers are the worst! :wacko:

(My students think this preference of mine is hilarious, and my colleagues often tell me about evaluations that they make up that are out of terrible numbers like 113 - yuck!!!)

55 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I am with Dave64 I think you need step in and because number 60, Put your opposable thumb to good use and wrap some  goodies up . :)

I agree with you, Bobby! :dinothumb:

4 hours ago, Monica said:

Even numbers are so much better than odd numbers!!!  I especially dislike large odd numbers (unless they contain a pattern, e.g., if they are a palindrome), and large prime numbers are the worst! :wacko:

(My students think this preference of mine is hilarious, and my colleagues often tell me about evaluations that they make up that are out of terrible numbers like 113 - yuck!!!)

I don't know. 

You've gotta love a Happy Prime.:)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

As I have told Mr. Rico, yes there was an odd number and I said from the beginning, I wouldnt be playing...unless we found ourselves with an odd number of players.

Not to worry kids, no one is left out of this year's fun. That person will be receiving a Secret Santa gift.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

As I have told Mr. Rico, yes there was an odd number and I said from the beginning, I wouldnt be playing...unless we found ourselves with an odd number of players.

Not to worry kids, no one is left out of this year's fun. That person will be receiving a Secret Santa gift.

Not that I don't want you to play (quite the opposite in fact, your packages are great!), I'm just a little confused by your reasoning here. It doesn't matter whether the number is odd or even for this thing, seeing that we're not sending a package to the same person that's sending us one. 

If we're 4 people (even):

• Person A can send his package to Person B,
  • P. B to P. C
  • P. C to P. D
  • P. D to P. A

Everyone gets a package from someone else than they are sending to.

Now if we're 5 people (odd), it's exactly the same, just with one extra person:

• P. B to P. C
  • P. C to P. D
  • P. D to P. E
  • P. E to P. A

Again, everyone gets a package from a different person. The only thing that changes is the amount of players.

So why does the number have to be odd for you to play? :headscratch:

• I found this Informative 2

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

13 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Not that I don't want you to play (quite the opposite in fact, your packages are great!), I'm just a little confused by your reasoning here. It doesn't matter whether the number is odd or even for this thing, seeing that we're not sending a package to the same person that's sending us one. 

If we're 4 people (even):

• P. B to P. C
  • P. C to P. D
  • P. D to P. A

Everyone gets a package from someone else than they are sending to.

Now if we're 5 people (odd), it's exactly the same, just with one extra person:

• P. B to P. C
  • P. C to P. D
  • P. D to P. E
  • P. E to P. A

Again, everyone gets a package from a different person. The only thing that changes is the amount of players.

So why does the number have to be odd for you to play? :headscratch:

Good point. Your right 

Some one will recieve a package sent to them without them sending one out.

That's where come into play!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Some one will recieve a package sent to them without one being sent out.

That's where come into play!

I hope you don’t play then. :)

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I hope you don’t play then. :)

I'm the one sending.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

While i am playing in this secret santa exchange I plan on sending one or two out from my own list as well. For those who have been extra nice this year.;)

• I found this Informative 3

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Math does not work that way.

Even or odd everyone gets a package.

If their are 7 people there are 7 packages to be sent out. If there are 8 there are eight packages to be sent out.

The gift exchange isn't that straight forward where everyone is trading on the same level.

Some players only want to ship to US only, same with some European players. Then there are those that are going international. So there has to be different groups and they don't quite work out in fair numbers.

Believe me, it's not an easy thing to juggle!  I have pulled everyone's names and matched them to their perspective receivers. I just need some time to contact everyone. 

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

The gift exchange isn't that straight forward where everyone is trading on the same level.

Some players only want to ship to US only, same with some European players. Then there are those that are going international. So there has to be different groups and they don't quite work out in fair numbers.

Believe me, it's not an easy thing to juggle!  I have pulled everyone's names and matched them to their perspective receivers. I just need some time to contact everyone. 

Your doing a great job my friend much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Your doing a great job my friend much appreciated.

Yes Doren Thank-you for taking this job on! 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

If everyone would just send their packages to one person, me for example, that would make life so much easier. :)

• I found this Informative 4

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

If everyone would just send their packages to one person, me for example, that would make life so much easier. :)

Let's split all the packages 50 / 50. Deal? :)

1 hour ago, Kasia said:

Let's split all the packages 50 / 50. Deal? :)

Since you're my friend, I agree. :)

I would hate to be greedy. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

I'm confused also.. I was thinking the same as Max and FossilClaw.... Are you matching pairs up, A gives to B and B gives to A, and C to D and D to C? Or drawing names randomly - A to C, C to F, G to A and so on? I would think there would only be a problem if you had just one player in a particular region, but I gather there are several in each.

Not that what you're doing is a piece of cake, you're a trooper. If it makes things easier, ignore what I said in my PM to you.