DanKurek

Nice report! It is so amazing to believe that so many dinosaur fossils are found just by walking around the park :)

Monica

WOW!!!!!!!!!!  I need to get out to Alberta!!!!! :faint:  Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful pictures - great finds!!! :dinothumb:

I was just wondering - are there just too many fossils to be collected, or do the staff only collect the particularly important ones and leave the rest for visitors to see (and for nature to unfortunately eventually wear down)?

Ludwigia

Great report! Thanks for taking us along to this world famous site!

Vieira

Thanks for sharing.

A fantastic report with amazing finds :dinothumb:

Masp

Looks like a trip worth making. The daspletosaurus vert and the gorgo tooth are my favorite.  Awesome finds. Would’ve been nice if you got to take a fossil or two home but a cool experience nonetheless. 

Paleoworld-101

Thanks guys!!

@Monica Yes, there are just so many fossils here that now only the best material is actually collected. This usually means anything articulated or reasonably complete. Isolated bones like the ones in my pictures are all pretty much ignored, which is sad, as yes they will inevitably just erode away. I think there needs to be a better system personally. It doesn't make sense to just let these great fossils be destroyed by the elements. But if collecting was allowed how could it be regulated to make sure only expendable material was taken? And how would you stop people then selling those bones for a profit? It's a hard situation, you want to save the fossils, but letting collectors take things opens up a bunch of other issues as well. 

ynot

Very nice, thanks for sharing the adventure.

The Amateur Paleontologist

Geez.. I miss that place so much - can't wait to get back there in a few years :)

Anyways, thank you so much for that wonderful report! The stuff you found (and the scenery you saw) is absolutely amazing - especially that Gorgosaurus tooth :D

-Christian