Raptor eggs???

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys,

Saw this cluster of « raptor eggs » according to seller.

What do you guys think? Is it real? Composite? Restored?

I have no size,location or other pics... sorry.

Kind regards.

486C7BEE-23F1-4BC6-9F10-E2AD688DE1B7.jpeg

Looks authentic but very poor quality.... missing almost all the shell.  The grey areas in the foreground of the pictures represent the shell.  The egg of the left shows shell going about a third of the way back.  The shell on the right has it going about an eighth of the way with more maybe half way back.  The rest of the egg is essentially a natural cast of what was under the shell. 

• I found this Informative 3

45 minutes ago, HamptonsDoc said:

Looks authentic but very poor quality.... missing almost all the shell.  The grey areas in the foreground of the pictures represent the shell.  The egg of the left shows shell going about a third of the way back.  The shell on the right has it going about an eighth of the way with more maybe half way back.  The rest of the egg is essentially a natural cast of what was under the shell. 

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too.

Thanks a lot for your critique.

Im gunna go with HamptonsDoc.  Ive now seen so many fakes that look so real im scared to even make an opinion!    no eggs for this guy, sorry to say.

RB

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, DatFossilBoy said:

Hey guys,

Saw this cluster of « raptor eggs » according to seller.

What do you guys think? Is it real? Composite? Restored?

I have no size,location or other pics... sorry.

Kind regards.

486C7BEE-23F1-4BC6-9F10-E2AD688DE1B7.jpeg

On 10/11/2018 at 1:52 PM, HamptonsDoc said:

On 10/11/2018 at 4:10 PM, RJB said:

Im gunna go with HamptonsDoc.  Ive now seen so many fakes that look so real im scared to even make an opinion!    no eggs for this guy, sorry to say.

RB

On 10/12/2018 at 3:58 AM, mapo said:

Look real but they need further preparation.

Agree with Hamptons, RJB, and mapo. The picture quality is not ideal but from what I can see, there is eggshell present and arranged as would be expected. Overall, the matrix also seems correct but again, the picture does make any determination quite difficult. An elongated shape is typical of eggs from theropods, and indeed the maniraptoran dinosaurs, but once more, due to the quality of the picture I am not prepared to say anything further. "Raptor" in dinosaurs, of course, does not exist so am just assuming they were going for the Jurassic Park use of the term. The eggs could do with significant more preparation, however, if real and you are not experienced in detailed prep work then I would advise against trying to prep the eggs. 

• I found this Informative 1

They look like bad quality Oviraptor eggs to me.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain