two tiny fragments

hndmarshall

the round one not ideas at all but the brown one possibly turtle?...only problem there is is the ridges did turtles have ridges?.. or could this be something else?.

000_0112.JPG

000_0114.JPG

000_0115.JPG

000_0116.JPG

000_0117.JPG

000_0118.JPG

I think the brown one is a fossilized Nestles Crunch bar. You can see where the "crunch" has eroded away leaving the tiny holes.:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

From?  Age? Some info. would help.

not sure of age, found in gravel loads from Brazos river west of Houston Texas.

24 minutes ago, caldigger said:

From?  Age? Some info. would help.

19 minutes ago, hndmarshall said:

not sure of age, found in gravel loads from Brazos river west of Houston Texas.

Brazos river is Pleistocene in age, 10-25KYA

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

I think the brown one is a fossilized Nestles Crunch bar. You can see where the "crunch" has eroded away leaving the tiny holes.:P

Which still leaves a date in doubt.  The peanut butter taffy material in the middle comes out of the industrial ovens filled with these tiny bubbles.

It may not be a factor for aging the specimen.  IMHO.:muahaha:

13 minutes ago, goatinformationist said:

Which still leaves a date in doubt.  The peanut butter taffy material in the middle comes out of the industrial ovens filled with these tiny bubbles.

It may not be a factor for aging the specimen.  IMHO.:muahaha:

Thanks for the info! Fossilized chocolates  are not really my field of expertise as, around me, they don't last long enough to go through the fossilization process. Its nice to learn something new!:ighappy:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 minute ago, Darktooth said:

Thanks for the info! Fossilized chocolates  are not really my field of expertise as, around me, they don't last long enough to go through the fossilization process. Its nice to learn something new!:ighappy:

But being a guy and all you do have a 5 second (to multiple year) rule for found chocolate right? I can tell you stories about chocolates found in abandoned vehicles.

Just as sweet as the items on the chocolatiers  samples bar.

been looking online found this pic of a tiny piece of jawbone so could be part of a jaw?

compared to mine could be what do you think?.

s-l1600.jpg

000_0118.JPG

Not jaw bone.  It looks a lot like.... wait for it... yes, a piece of turtle shell.  

The jaw in your last post is hadrosaur, this piece is not hadrosaur based on the cross section and the ridges.  

42 minutes ago, jpc said:

Not jaw bone.  It looks a lot like.... wait for it... yes, a piece of turtle shell.  

The jaw in your last post is hadrosaur, this piece is not hadrosaur based on the cross section and the ridges.  

then my first guess was right, turtle.....so its not a petrified nestle crunch..I was waiting for someone to ask me to taste it...lol