Tina Ruzzo

I found this at the beach. Do you think it's a human radius bone or animal bone? I grabbed it in the waves on the east coast of Fl today.  It perfectly fits from my elbow to wrist. 

IMG_2667.JPG

you should put this in the fossil id. (also i think its modern)

:trex::trilo::meg:games are fun, but finding fossil is even better!:meg::trilo::trex:

Moved to Fossil ID.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

3 hours ago, Carl said:

Looks like a bird humerus. Pelicans have humeri the same length as a human's.

Fact of the week. :)

• I found this Informative 2

Tarquin

On 10/12/2018 at 9:19 AM, Carl said:

Looks like a bird humerus

Is it really a humerus? Looks more like a ulna or radius????

Wing

Wing_Ard-tenuirostris-wing-numbers.jpgThe shearwater wing consists of 11 bones:

The arm part (4 bones): humerus (1) and ulna/radius (3&4) are nearly of the same length and are rather long to the hand wing. A sesamoid or spreader bone (2) is situated in the pit of the elbow which is connected to the ectepicondylar process of the humerus by a ligament, forming a supporting structure for the patagial fan in the outstreched wing. This is also found in other petrels and albatrosses, with the exception of the Fulmarines, Prions and Blue Petrel.

• I found this Informative 2

Well that makes sense, considering found on the beach. You never know what will wash up after two Hurricanes! I think I'll take it to my Chiropractor. Lol let's see if he's a quack or not..  Thank you for the input. 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, minnbuckeye said:

Is it really a humerus? Looks more like a ulna or radius????

Wing

Wing_Ard-tenuirostris-wing-numbers.jpgThe shearwater wing consists of 11 bones:

The arm part (4 bones): humerus (1) and ulna/radius (3&4) are nearly of the same length and are rather long to the hand wing. A sesamoid or spreader bone (2) is situated in the pit of the elbow which is connected to the ectepicondylar process of the humerus by a ligament, forming a supporting structure for the patagial fan in the outstreched wing. This is also found in other petrels and albatrosses, with the exception of the Fulmarines, Prions and Blue Petrel.

Aha! Much better match!