Collecting Uncollected Sites Is So Much Work.

micropterus101

Found some fresh dirt with fossil concretions full of Nautiloids and a few crabs popping out at me. The Concretions were all sizes. When I first got up to the area by way of steep deer trail I looked down and found A crab just lying there on top.

freshdirt.jpg

I carefully levitated the Concretions down the steep slope to the rd below.

levitation.jpg

The fruits of a couple hours work. Cant wait to get crackin.

trip1truck.jpg

KOF, Jason

Using "the force" always takes a lot of work out of it, huh? :D Looks like some weigh a pretty good amount. Can't wait to see what you find in them.

The ability to move rocks with your own will... I'm impressed. Looks like some good stuff there I wish you happy cracking.

Alot of it was exposed to the elements but heres the crab I found when I first reached the site.

cab.jpg

Just had to start cracking tonight, looks like I got some good ones.

nauts.jpg

Guest Nicholas
I've decided! I'm going on a road trip one day and coming back with a trailer full of that stuff... haha... That is beyond amazing..

I'm coming with, we'll rent a cube van!!

Cool crab.. I like hunting in uncollected sites, have hit places with nothing but eventually you strike fossil gold.

Welcome to the forum!

Hrm... ~_~

The force is strong with this one. What a show of skill!

Lol. I haven't had the pleasure of cracking concretions to find fossils before. Most of what I've seen are just exposed layers of limestone/shale with the fossils weathering out of them. I'd like to find fossiliferous concretions; it'd be like the paleontological equivalent of cracking open geodes (another activity I particularly enjoy)!

Ok, with Micropterus and me just about to fight over a concretion with our light sabors, and in my best darth vador voice,,, "Micropterus, I am your father"!!! Then he falls, I get the concretion, and all is good in the universe. HA!! But seriously, that is one impressive load of rocks man!!! Hopefully this late spring I will be able to do the same, but with cretaceous ammos from Montana. Good hunting man.

RB